Dinner Sunday 10/4??
  Re: (...)
Gotta get away from pizza tonight, so will have homemade hot dogs and potato chips. How easy is that. Have some green bean soup made also.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Sunday 10/4?? by cjs (Gotta get away from ...)
If things go as planned, I got the stuff to make the ASIAN PORK TENDERLOIN WITH ASIAN NOODLE SALAD. The boys didn't think it would be too much to have tenderloin again since the recipes are soooo different.

We went to Wilmington today after church and took baby girl to lunch. Here birthday is Wednesday. It was a really cool restaurant. I wanted to take pictures, but I forgot to put my camera battery in the charger last night. Lunch was GREAT! It's a bakery/cafe, so all the bread components are fresh made in the restaurant...VERY GOOD! It's called Sweet and Savory. Here's what we had:

Ashley had the special: A GIANT slab of prime rib served on a kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, and horseradish sauce - $7.49

Jason (BF): Hawaii Five-O - Premium hickory smoked ham, fresh pineapple, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil and a splash of Italian dressing on a toasted pita - $7.99

William: Dad’s Reuben - Grilled pastrami with sauerkraut, 1000 Island dressing and melted Swiss cheese on lightly grilled Rye bread - $7.49

Me: The Horsey Dip - Slow roasted roast beef, red onion, creamy horseradish sauce and Swiss and on a baguette with a cup of au jus for dipping - (Half sammie with a BIG Caesar was $7.99)

Will (OS): Johnny Appleseed - Premium turkey breast, Havarti cheese, Granny Smith apples and honey mustard on our homemade croissant - $7.99

Andrew (YS): Steakhouse Burger - Premium beef pattie with aged cheddar, bacon, carmelized onions, and steak sauce on a kaiser bun - $7.99

Jason and Ashley saved half their sandwiches for dinner they were so big! Will and Andrew's were HUGE also, but they managed to choke them down...LOL! Will's croissant was the biggest one I've ever seen and the meat was piled high! All meals came with a PILE of homemade chips and a pickle. Ashley and Will also got a huge slice of cake for $2.49 to go. They had some very unique (for here) items on the menu...we'll go back.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday 10/4?? by Gourmet_Mom (If things go as plan...)
Man, they all sound good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday 10/4?? by cjs (Man, they all sound ...)
I agree - every one of those sandwiches sound great.

I bought a honey baked ham last month and froze some of it and the bone so my husband's making ham and white bean soup. I'll make garlic bread out of a baguette. I have to have something to dip in soups or I might as well not have it!
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday 10/4?? by cjs (Man, they all sound ...)
Daphne, I think I would have ordered one of each! I wanted comfort food tonight, and it's definitely fll weather. I bought 2 small chickens and some root veg. Put some turnip, celery, onion, carrot in the bottom of the roaster. Sprinkled the chicken with hebes de provence and put it on the veg. Roasting some sweet potatoes alonside, and I'll make some biscuits. It's smelling good.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday 10/4?? by Lorraine (Daphne, I think I wo...)
Sounds wonderful, Really good. But what floors me is the prices. So low! Here that menu would be priced much higher.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday 10/4?? by vannin (Sounds wonderful, Re...)
I know, the prices were unbelievable! The combo deal that I got could be sammie and soup, sammie and salad, or soup and salad. All soups are made in-house, and come with fresh bread...so did the salad, not to mention the house-made croutons. The rye croutons in my salad were outstanding!!!!!

They have a website. It'd be worth the look just to get sammie ideas! If you go to the site, check out the Little Piggies. The Ultimate Grilled Cheese sounds delish!!!!

I want to go back for brunch! (They have a bar, also...champagne breakfast anyone?)
Sweet and Savory
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday 10/4?? by Gourmet_Mom (I know, the prices w...)
"...champagne breakfast anyone?)" hello??
www.achefsjourney.com