Bok Choy?
  Re: (...)
I have never used this. I am making the Asian Noodle salad and it calls for bok choy. Do I use the white AND green leafy part? Thanks!

The recipe says: "1 cup bok choy, shredded and diced" I'm thinking shred the leaves and dice the stalks?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Bok Choy? by Gourmet_Mom (I have never used th...)
Yes you can use it all just like celery. Just put the leafy part in last so it doesn't over cook.
  Re: Re: Bok Choy? by DFen911 (Yes you can use it a...)
It's in a salad and will be served raw. So I diced the stalks and shredded the leaves...that looks and tastes right. This dressing is dynamite!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Bok Choy? by Gourmet_Mom (It's in a salad and ...)
Since we're talking bok choy, if you find baby ones, they are great split and grilled. Then you could add the dressing.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Bok Choy? by Lorraine (Since we're talking ...)
Raw, huh? I always thought it was a little too bitter raw (for me) maybe the dynamite dressing would change my mind.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bok Choy? by cjs (Raw, huh? I always t...)
Jean, I didn't notice any bitterness. I tasted some before adding it, and it just tasted kinda like a watery piece of cabbage. But then, a treat growing up was getting the "stalk" or core part of the cabbage and eating it with salt. So maybe I'm just weird that way...LOL! Anyway, there is so much going on in this salad, it would have to be REALLY bitter. But the grilling would be good, also.

Funny, I had baby bok choy in my hands in the store, then realized there was a 2 dollar difference in the price....I put them back...LOL! I don't know what that "If you" was all about...LOL! Enjoy Jean, and use ALL the chili sauce! It's a wild ride!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Bok Choy? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I didn't notic...)
I got baby bok choy and man all the components of this dinner taste wonderful!! Anxious for dinner to combine. YUM. I'm sure glad you all brought this one back up for all of us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com