Eat Fruits & Veggies!
  Re: (...)
Oldest daughter just brought this article to my attention. No wonder our health care costs are skyrocketing! I hope that we can help turn this around by setting a good example and making those veggies taste good. 9 in 10 teens fall short on fruits and veggies
  Re: Eat Fruits & Veggies! by HomeCulinarian (Oldest daughter just...)
Well, I guess it's understandable, fast food places don't offer fruit do they?? That's so sad and with those teens having children it will only get worse if things don't get turned around.

My kids were raised with fruit platter/bowls of fruit at most dinners, it would be interesting to know if they've kept up with that. Madmax?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Eat Fruits & Veggies! by cjs (Well, I guess it's u...)
Some FF places do - apple slices are pretty common. I think Chik Fil A offers fruit salad as a side.

But yes, fruit and veggies are definitely lacking.
  Re: Re: Eat Fruits & Veggies! by Trixxee (Some FF places do - ...)
Meant to add, when I was a teen getting enough fruit was never an issue - as a matter of fact my mom had to the brakes on it sometimes because as soon as she'd bring pounds of fruit home, we would grind through it. My brothers eating 4 plums at a time, that kind of thing.

Veggies, not so much.
  Re: Re: Eat Fruits & Veggies! by Trixxee (Meant to add, when I...)
My 3 (grown) kids all have their own veggie gardens. I guess it is just habit. A question good people, I once knew a fellow who claimed he never ate veg. So what on earth does one eat?