What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 10/13??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to - we haven't heard for a few days.

I thawed out a couple of steaks (more than we need, but want some leftovers to play with) and I think I'll use the rub on them for the fajita steaks in Weeknight Grilling. I may even have some veggies in the bottom of the vege crisper... and baked potatoes with Spicy Asian Pear jelly (found another jar at the crab festival - it's so good on b. potatoes). Fusion dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 10/13?? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
Our anniversary dinner---I have always done duck but hubby forgot that and asked for beef wellington--GREAT choice!!! Served with brown butter green beans and he asked for Key Lime Pie---that's it!! I would have done a souffle but the MASTER requested---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 10/13?? by Roxanne 21 (Our anniversary dinn...)
Happy Anniversary!! Are you both healthy, wealthy and wise now after your past year???? Hope so.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 10/13?? by cjs (Happy Anniversary!! ...)
Happy Anniversary Roxanne!

I am making tacos tonight, and cannot wait to eat one.

I wanted to mention that last night I made the black-eyed pea soup from the soups cookbook and we really loved it. Did not want to do a formal review because I changed it up a bit, but it is one of my favorite soups now.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 10/13?? by chef_Tab (Happy Anniversary Ro...)
Glad to hear it's a good one Theresa. I'll have to try it soon.

We're having bbq pork on toasted rolls and "real" french fries tonight. I cooked a pork shoulder roast yesterday and shredded it last night. De-fatted the juice and used it to make Jean's BBQ Sauce #1. Today, I put it all in the crockpot to warm it up and meld the flavors. Yummy!

I got a taste for that pumpkin ice cream again, so just might have to go get some.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 10/13?? by Mare749 (Glad to hear it's a ...)
The husband will be out for a business dinner and I had a late lunch but I will need to eat something later - I'm thinking a baked potato with butter, sour cream and chives. Good enough.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 10/13?? by Trixxee (The husband will be ...)
I'm doing a chicken pot pie with a simple salad. It's getting cooler here and I've been craving it lately! The family just LOVES this thing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 10/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing a chicken ...)
Happy Anniversary, Roxanne & Hubby! The menu sounds wonderful.

We're have a salad with flank steak from the WS Mayo Clinic cook book.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 10/13?? by HomeCulinarian (Happy Anniversary, R...)
More anniversary congratulations, Roxanne!

We are expecting a hard frost tonight, so I picked all of my tomatoes and peppers from the garden. I used some to make peperonata (over whole wheat penne) for dinner.

Not bad-- I got about 70 pounds of tomatoes from the garden this year (18 plants), while so many others in this area were ripping them out without any harvest because of a particularly bad infestation of late blight. I love fresh garden tomatoes.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 10/13?? by HomeCulinarian (Happy Anniversary, R...)
Happy anniversary, Roxanne!

Tonight's dinner, for me, was the last of my leftovers from the Chicken Vindaloo. That was so good that it's got me psyched up to want to make Chicken Curry without using store-bought curry powder. That will probably be pretty soon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?