Need ideas for Baby Shower Menu
  Re: (...)
My niece is having her first baby - a boy - My sister is hosting, and two other nieces are doing the games, and one will be bringing a cake or cupcakes. I'm doing the rest of the food at my sister's house, which is 3 hours from my house. The shower is on Oct 24 from 1-3 in the afternoon. Theme is generic - invitation has a rubber ducky on it. For this niece's bridal shower we made a variety of hors d'oeuvres - which went over well.

Since it's in the middle of the afternoon, I'm thinking snacky foods, a non-alcoholic punch - probably the faux champagne.

I could use really use some ideas or even a food theme appropriate for the season and time of day.

Thanx in advance!
  Re: Need ideas for Baby Shower Menu by HomeCulinarian (My niece is having h...)
Rimake -- Pineapple wrapped bacon on a grill. Bacon wrapped melon grilled. The classic is bacon wrapped warer chestnuts!!

Anything wrapped in bacon is good - shrimp, scallops, the list goes on!!

Barba
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Need ideas for Baby Shower Menu by BarbaraS (Rimake -- Pineapple ...)
Quote:

The classic is bacon wrapped warer chestnuts!!

You left out the chicken liver. Classic Rumaki is chicken liver plus water chestnuts wrapped in bacon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Need ideas for Baby Shower Menu by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Stuffed cherry tomatoes. I stuff them with crab meat, cream cheese, and green onions.

Italian Skewers with a piece of good mozzarella with a basil leaf wrapped around it and a cherry tomato. Caprese salad on a stick.
  Re: Re: Need ideas for Baby Shower Menu by DFen911 (Stuffed cherry tomat...)
I like the Italian skewer thing too, and you could and an olive (slice) to some of them too.
  Re: Re: Need ideas for Baby Shower Menu by Trixxee (I like the Italian s...)
I'll sleep on this..I've got some regulars, but they haven't gone over here, so I won't mention again. Plus, I seem to be stuck in "Pizza Land" right now regarding ideas.

Beyond that, I'd suggest ideas with duck. It's too late now to think...

JEEAANNN! (She'll have LOTS of duck ideas.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Need ideas for Baby Shower Menu by Gourmet_Mom (I'll sleep on this.....)
Keep the ideas coming! Hubby is suggesting a light lunch would be appropriate. Also, I will want to do a lot of the prep days in advance. I'm thinking I'll head to her town on Friday night and have Saturday morning to finish everything (and it's not in my own kitchen!).
  Re: Re: Need ideas for Baby Shower Menu by HomeCulinarian (Keep the ideas comin...)
I'll start out referring you to the best (imo) thread we've had on party ideas - 8 pages long. All kinds of goodies.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...part=1&vc=1

Also - will throw out a few ideas -
Starters –
Mini Zucchini Quiches - the mini tarts can be made a couple days ahead and the filling a day ahead and bake a few hours ahead. A wonderful roasted tomato sauce accompanies these.

Roasted Peppers with Marinated Feta and Greek Olives – served with pita chips. And all done a day or two ahead.

Wraps are always so easy and good on a buffet – done a day ahead.

Parmesan-Leek Bread Pudding – I bake this mixture in baking sheets so I can cut into squares and serve with picks.

Truffle popcorn
Pesto-Goat Cheese Spread – can be made 3-4 days ahead. Serve with crackers
White-Bean and Prosciutto Bruschetta – done ahead

CHICKEN & ALOUETTE MOUSSE
Danish Meatballs with Dill sauce

Main & Sides –

Cheddar-Polenta Biscuits with Ham Salad
Onion Gratin
LJ’s Greek Pasta Salad
GOAT CHEESE, ARTICHOKE & SMOKED HAM STRATA
Pork Tenderloin with Chinese Plum sauce
Roasted Beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon
VICHYSSOISE
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH PENNE AL BURRO
ANTIPASTO TORTELLINI SALAD
Crab Bake – pasta made with a sauce of leeks, crab, spinach & Parmesan
Chicken Carinci – chicken thighs cooked in balsamic, capers, b. sugar, garlic & wine
Mini sandwiches – sliced ham, pork, beef with condiments and dinner rolls for buns.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need ideas for Baby Shower Menu by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

You left out the chicken liver. Classic Rumaki is chicken liver plus water chestnuts wrapped in bacon.

Labs, you're right.

I do believe I picked out and tossed the livers.:p

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Need ideas for Baby Shower Menu by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Don't do chicken livers, either.

There are a lot of great suggestions here. I'm going to have to think it through and make some choices!