Thursday Dinner - Oct. 15????
  Re: (...)
Today's my baby boy's birthday!!! Mattie is (gasp!!) 33! DON'T POST SOMETHING TILL YOU'VE HAD COFFEE!!! Matt is 43 today...nice try to make myself younger!! (thank you madmax for correcting me )You don't even want to know how old madmax is...
For his birthday, we bought a certificate for him and his wife to Guy Fieri's (Diners, Drive-ins & Dives) restaurant in Sacto. It's supposed to be pretty good.

I didn't use my 'smorgass-borgass' yesterday, we celebrated packaging up the latest project to send to the printer - dinner down the hill, with a split of champagne to toast.

So, it's clean the frig tonight - along with a recipe for zudchini (some know it as zucchini ) fries I've been wanting to try.

What are you all up to??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner - Oct. 15???? by cjs (Today's my baby boy'...)
I never did get to make those paprika meatballs I have been craving so I might be doing those tonight. Depends if I make it out of the apartment. We are under a winter weather advisory, but so far it looks like rain. If not, there is plenty of leftover oven fried chicken from last night.....if I can manage to keep my paws off it all day.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Oct. 15???? by chef_Tab (I never did get to m...)
By the way, Jean, very nice gift for baby boy! I wish more people gave me dining gift certificates. It is such a treat to go out and get waited on.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Oct. 15???? by chef_Tab (By the way, Jean, ve...)
Geez, Jean, would you like to adopt me? I've been craving pasta with a plain tomato sauce, so that might be it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Thursday Dinner - Oct. 15???? by cjs (Today's my baby boy'...)
Tonight I'm cooking - Salisbury steaks (wish I could find the C@H recipe) with mushroom gravy, your Mom's mac & cheese (sauce is made have to bake at the farmhouse - my oven doesn't work . . . YET!), and green beans.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Oct. 15???? by Harborwitch (Tonight I'm cooking ...)
oh, my Mom's?? I have a couple little pkgs. of that in the freezer......hmmmmm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Oct. 15???? by cjs (oh, my Mom's?? I hav...)
The only Salisbury steak i know is in cuisine at home issue #50. IT is called french onion Salisbury steak. Made it many times. We love it.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Oct. 15???? by piano226 (The only Salisbury s...)
That's the one I was thinking of piano. We LOVE that one....I think it might be time to make that. I think I'll make bread this weekend and make that with some mashers and peas.

But tonight is the Grilled Buttermilk Chicken with roasted potatoes and onions with green beans on the side. I guess I'll find out what happens when you brine chicken pieces for TWO days instead of the ONE in the recipe....oughta be pretty darn flavorful...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Oct. 15???? by piano226 (The only Salisbury s...)
That's the one - but we can't get all the stuff here in town - have to go to Jamestown first - just plain tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner - Oct. 15???? by Harborwitch (That's the one - but...)
We will be doing a smorgass borgass two nights in a row! There was quite a build up of leftovers this week.