Saturday - 10/17 - Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Have no idea yet - what are you all up to, maybe I'll get some ideas...

Dinner last night was a mushroom delight!!
Petite Tempura Chanterelle Caps with Plum Shoya

Roy - Wild Mushroom Concasse
Locally harvested wild mushrooms sauteed with veggies over fettucine pasta in a roasted tomato & rosemary cconcasse.

Me (and mine was better ) -Porcini Proscuitto Risotto
It was wonderful.

Split a dessert with 3 forks -
Warm Chocolat Centered Cake in a pool of chocolate granache, with house made choolate truffles. It made even a chocoholic's teeth curl. Man, it was good.

Harbinger winery (our local favorite) was matched with the dishes and very good job they did also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday - 10/17 - Dinner? by cjs (Have no idea yet - w...)
Chef son is coming to town late tonight. Thinking about making some small plates of this and that... I'm working on my menu and shopping list and looking for some inspiration.
  Re: Re: Saturday - 10/17 - Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (Chef son is coming t...)
Not sure, but I have a big container of turkey stock in the freezer to thaw. Maybe turkey tortilla soup...

What I really want right now is a pumpkin pie!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday - 10/17 - Dinner? by Mare749 (Not sure, but I have...)
I didn't make the soup and stuff last night, so Butternut Squash Soup it is with Sausage Stuffing and steamed broccoli. I'm off for some Musinex DM and see if I can knock out this stuffy head thing I've got going on...UGH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Saturday - 10/17 - Dinner? by cjs (Have no idea yet - w...)
Quote:

It made even a chocoholic's teeth curl.

Yeah, that sounds like something I would enjoy...

I haven't been cooking a lot in the last few weeks because I haven't felt well, but I finally broke down and saw a doctor (I long for the days of all-encompassing health insurance!). My diagnosis was fairly simple, and the (yay! inexpensive!!!) meds are doing wonders for my appetite and energy so tonight for a lovely fall dinner at the lake house (neighbors are coming over to swell the ranks since it's only the three of us here) I am making:

App of smoked cheddar and the season's first pumpkin-spice ale (we're trying Jack's this year, last year was Dogfish Brewery)

Whole wheat penne with butternut squash, spinach, bacon, and fresh sage in a Parm/smoked Gouda sauce

Tuscan wheat bread

Mixed green salad with a country Italian vinaigrette

Pear and Apple Crisp with vanilla ice cream

(will anyone want to add the chocolate-amaretto cheesecake from last night? Maybe I'll prepare a raspberry puree to serve it with...)

I'm not supposed to run for a few more days, but I think I need to go for a nice, long walk this afternoon in preparation for dinner. Hope that this nasty rain/ snow mix stops!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Saturday - 10/17 - Dinner? by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I want to go to Vicci's tonight! Wow...awesome menu! I'm glad you're feeling better!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday - 10/17 - Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I want to go to Vicc...)
I'm right behind you, Daphne! Sounds very good, Vicci.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday - 10/17 - Dinner? by cjs (I'm right behind you...)
My menus are never as exotic as the rest of you. Tonight Terra and her boyfriend Michael are coming to dinner. His favorite is Meatloaf so that is what we are having. Old fashioned dinner of Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon & onions, pear & cranberry salad and leftover pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert.
Shirley
  Re: Re: Saturday - 10/17 - Dinner? by smschwag (My menus are never a...)
Sounds darn good to me, Shirley - and Maryann's going to be at your door, she's craving pumpkin pie....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday - 10/17 - Dinner? by cjs (Sounds darn good to ...)
wow, Vicci, that penne with squash, spinach etc sounds awesome! Is there a recipe you can share?

Tonight is a long overdue date night for me and the kilted wonder. Nothing fancy, but we are going out to this pizza place I found that has the most delicious pizza I have ever tasted in my life! I cannot even come close when I make it myself. I am hoping for an early dinner because I can hardly wait to eat it.

Jean, your night out sounds yummy. I think I would choose your dinner too.

Vicci and Daphne....feel better fast!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!