Chicken Divan Casserole w/Mushrooms& Crumb Topping
  Re: (...)
I made this for dinner earlier this week and wanted to post a quick review. Sorry to say, we were a bit disappointed in this one. It sounded so good to me and I couldn't wait to make it.

I'm not sure why, but it was way too watery and I followed the instructions exactly. Because of that, the bread got mushy and we actually poured water off our dishes before eating it. I can't give it a number rating because if it hadn't been so watery, the flavors would have been quite good. As it was, Ron asked me not to make it again, at least for him.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Chicken Divan Casserole w/Mushrooms& Crumb Topping by Mare749 (I made this for dinn...)
don't you hate that? Where was this one so I can mark it?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Divan Casserole w/Mushrooms& Crumb Topping by cjs (don't you hate that?...)
It was a C@H eRecipe for two that we got the other day.

Now this is odd. I just had leftovers for lunch. I heated it up slowly in a non-stick skillet so I could cook off some of the liquid, and it was fine. Maybe this is a recipe that needs to sit in the frig for two days.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chicken Divan Casserole w/Mushrooms& Crumb Topping by Mare749 (It was a [url=mailto...)
Oh, I remember - I even copied it. will have to look at again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Divan Casserole w/Mushrooms& Crumb Topping by cjs (Oh, I remember - I e...)
I had high hopes for it.
  Re: Re: Chicken Divan Casserole w/Mushrooms& Crumb Topping by Trixxee (I had high hopes for...)
It sounds wonderful, you should clean up the recipe for them and re-submit it, maybe you'll win $25. LOL

Sally
  Re: Re: Chicken Divan Casserole w/Mushrooms& Crumb Topping by lxxf (It sounds wonderful,...)
Poor Ron...what a set back for you...LOL! You actually got him to try a new one and it was a bust. I guess it's back to meat and potatoes again...LOL! HEY, wait a minute...you REALLY are...ROFLOL! I just read you were having steak and 'taters tonight! Too funny!

I'll have to see if that recipe made it to my box. I think someone else mentioned they stopped getting them, and I think I may be in the same boat. I'll check. I do know that it seems that broccoli gives off a good amount of water when cooked. Do you think parboiling it would help? I guess I should wait offering advice until I look at the recipe...DUH!

YUP...I just checked. My last entry was for Fruit Pies from October 8. Have you gotten one since then or is this an older one?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.