T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/23??
  Re: (...)
We have some old friends we met in the 80s when we were living in Kewanee, IL coming for the weekend. They moved their family out to Washington after we left IL and we kind of lost touch with them. What fun times with them and did Jill and I ever get ourselves in trouble together, so we'll see how 20 years have changed us. She wants PIZZA!! So, we're having Reuben pizza and Onion, Walnut & Goat cheese pizzas. And a French Apple pie for dessert.

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/23?? by cjs (We have some old fri...)
Rumor has it I'll have running water today! We got the oven adjusted yesterday. Soooooooooooo I think a nice pork loin in the crockpot with parsnips, and other goodies. Then a couple of baguettes fresh from the oven. Yummmmm. Maybe an apple crisp.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/23?? by Harborwitch (Rumor has it I'll ha...)
Old friends are the best! Have fun tonight, Jean & Roy. And, running water is even better!

We have plans to go to a "gala" fundraiser for the junior college and dancing after with some friends. I'll make dinner out of the gala's appetizers.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/23?? by HomeCulinarian (Old friends are the ...)
Hmmm, don't know yet. Hoping for some inspiration here...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/23?? by Mare749 (Hmmm, don't know yet...)
They had ground chuck on sale, so I think it will be meatloaf. I still had lots of apples, so sauteed them in some butter, then added some of my granola to the mix. I think I'll wrap them in filo for mini strudels.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/23?? by Lorraine (They had ground chuc...)
Another gym night. I'll get some taco soup started in the crock pot before we go. If hubby is home early enough he might make quesadillas to go with it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/23?? by cjs (We have some old fri...)
yummmm walnut and goat cheese pizza sounds fabulous! I am going to be on a long drive tonight so look like fast food for meee.....yuckkk
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/23?? by bettybakes (yummmm walnut and go...)
Hey there, bettybakes, welcome to the neighborhood!! We love it when new friends jump right in.

And, the walnut & goat cheese pizza is fabulous!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/23?? by cjs (Hey there, bettybake...)
Changed my mind. I'm going to make some no-knead bread for sure. We went into town and picked up some wonderful looking sausage with kraut in it, so we're going to have those, some knoephle soup or maybe some cheese buttons.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/23?? by Harborwitch (Changed my mind. I'...)
Everyone's dinner sounds so good to me. I am starving. I have gained weight since moving here, the pants are very tight.

I am making that clam chowder Buzz posted a while ago and bought some mussels to steam. I have never steamed mussels before, is it like clams? Any advice on this?

I forgot to welcome Bettybakes! So glad to have you join us! Keep on chiming in and participating.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!