What's for Dinner - Monday 10/26?
  Re: (...)
What is everyone up to for tonight?

We have leftover Ropa Vieja from Saturday night, but I'm wanting something else, so may just freeze up a couple pkgs. of this for burritos later and get something thawing. No idea what.

(Side note - the company left yesterday afternoon and I slept 10 hours last night!!!!) Just before I crawled into bed Roy said, "Do you realize we didn't stop talking from noon Friday until early Sunday afternoon?" He's right, we had over 20 years of talk stored up. Whew!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Monday 10/26? by cjs (What is everyone up ...)
Ten hours - heaven! Tonight we're having a bbq chicken pizza, ala Boboli style. I also need to marinate my "flap meat" for steak tacos for tomorrow. Flap meat is such an unattractive term!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Monday 10/26? by Trixxee (Ten hours - heaven! ...)
What cheese and brand of bbq sauce do you use, Trixxee? I love bbq chix pizza.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Monday 10/26? by cjs (What cheese and bran...)
I've got a corned beef simmering in the crockpot. We'll have sandwiches tonight, then "play with the leftovers." I seem to remember doing a "reuben puff" review a while back.

Not sure what else to have with the corned beef. Haven't made potato salad in a while, so maybe that...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Monday 10/26? by Mare749 (I've got a corned be...)
We are getting Take and Bake pizza - the kids have invited their grandfather (and grandmother) over to watch Monday Night Football.

Probably a chicken garlic and sausage tomato and mushroom.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Monday 10/26? by esgunn (We are getting Take ...)
cjs - My husband is partial to Sweet Baby Ray's and because we're always trying to cut out any extra fat, I just use the Kraft 2% cheddar. Probably not optimal, but I always have it on hand.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Monday 10/26? by Trixxee (cjs - My husband is ...)
Sweet Baby Ray's for our chix pizza also!! (once in a while I get Trader Joe's Bold & Smoky Kansas City Style Barbecue Sauce ) Boy that's a mouthful!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Monday 10/26? by cjs (Sweet Baby Ray's for...)
I am still trying to decide. I know hubby won't want much because they are having a big luncheon at work. I have a molar that is killing me so chewing is excrutiating. Maybe tuna casserole. Baby food sounds good, but I don't think that will go over big.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Monday 10/26? by chef_Tab (I am still trying to...)
Theresa, what a bummer. Hope you feel better soon.

We like Sweet Baby Ray's also, but recently got hooked on Sticky Finger's Memphis Original when we were down in Daphne's neighborhood last month. Yummm...

I did end up making roasted bliss potato salad to go with our corned beef tonight. Then, tomorrow, I'll play with the leftovers.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Monday 10/26? by Mare749 (Theresa, what a bumm...)
I had a hot dog with canned chili and a coke....They fed the festival workers before we opened the doors...UGH! I haven't been home long. My feet are killing me!

BTW, I was working on grades this afternoon....too far to drive home and go back...and my phone rang. There was this odd prefix on the number, and I almost didn't answer. IT WAS LAURA! I called her when she put her number up after Billy died...I got it before Jean deleted it for security. The kids have been sick, and now she's got H1N1! She's had it a week...hopefully, recovering! Katie (?) is much better, but Joey (?), the 5 year old has asthma. She said just as soon as he seems to get better, his temp will go back up. Schools have ZERO tolerance for fever, so they have been out of school for several weeks! She said she was making the Butternut Squash and Italian Sausage Soup and thought of Billy. She was feeling blue, when she remembered she had my number... so she called. It was good to hear from her.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.