Thursday Dinner, October 29?
  Re: (...)
What, no dinner thread on a night that I'm finally cooking?!? I'm really looking forward to making the Hungarian Goulash from the Stews book. I made it about a year ago and I thought it was one of the best things I had made in a long time. It's early dismissal week at school so I have the time to do make something a little more time consuming on a week night. Making noodles of course and then some steamed haricot verts.

What are you guys up to?
  Re: Thursday Dinner, October 29? by Trixxee (What, no dinner thre...)
Ooops, blew it didn't I Trixxee - but this is everyone's thread to start anytime! Thanks for going with it.

I'm doing Lorraine's B'day dinner tonight.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday Dinner, October 29? by Trixxee (What, no dinner thre...)
ooo yum yum!! me and he hubby are going out for sushi
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, October 29? by Peach (ooo yum yum!! me and...)
I'm doing ribs and corn on the cob. I'll finish up the rest of the steamed cabbage from the other night. It's been a long week, but tomorrow is a workday, so a little more relaxed. BUT I want to get my report cards finalized....not due until tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, October 29? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing ribs and c...)
report cards already??? Where is time going - before long it'll be Christmas vacation for you, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, October 29? by cjs (report cards already...)
We're just having pizza and not homemade either. We're having a small Halloween party tomorrow night and are trying to get ready for that.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, October 29? by TwilightKitten (We're just having pi...)
Tammy, it is so good to see your "sweet?" avatar more often. I've missed it! If it will make you feel any better I'll confess to having a Wendy's hamburger last night!

I had to order a Chicken Caesar to have for lunch today. I thought my teammates were going to fall off their stools when I pulled it out!

Shocking, isn't it, Jean! This is that time of year that FLIES! You DO realize that Sunday is November, don't you?!?!? Thanksgiving is upon us, with Christmas soon after!

And the report cards are DONE! YIPPPPEEEE! I can now play tomorrow and the remainder of the weekend!!!!!!!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, October 29? by Gourmet_Mom (Tammy, it is so good...)
I spent a wonderful day outside with my dad, then we went to Heather's for a short visit with the kiddies. As soon as I walked in, I smelled the most wonderful meatball and pasta soup in the crockpot. Next thing I knew, a big container of it was going home with me.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, October 29? by Mare749 (I spent a wonderful ...)
Bragger!

I kid you not, when my kids get out on their own...make that IF...I still don't think they'd do that for me! You are one lucky Mom!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner, October 29? by Gourmet_Mom (Bragger! [img]/ubbth...)
Now that is a nice switch on a 'care pkg.' as my kids used to call them, Maryann!! Daphne, I bet they will too be sending food home with you.....one day!
www.achefsjourney.com