T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/30??
  Re: (...)
I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut - did Lorrain'e dinner last night.....

tonight haven't the faintest idea - c'mon Trixxee, what are you up to and maybe I'll get an idea.

What about everyone else?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/30?? by cjs (I'm having a hard ti...)
Well, we may just go out. Today is a minimum day at school and my husband is taking a 1/2 day off. The weather is so darn beautiful that I think a drive towards the beach may be in order. We shouldn't spend the money, but I think I need to feel like I'm on vacation so maybe this place.

http://www.dukeshuntington.com/

If we don't go anywhere, I think it's patty melts as I have some rye bread to use up.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/30?? by Trixxee (Well, we may just go...)
"CRAB AND MACNUT WONTONS 7.95
Crabmeat, cream cheese, macadamia nuts, mustard plum sauce"

I'm ready to start with this!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/30?? by cjs ("CRAB AND MACNUT WON...)
Does that mean it's time to experiment with some wontons? Those sound yummy.

We will probably get something out as well. It's 70 degrees here today and that's not gonna last! As soon as Ron gets home, we're out of here.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/30?? by Mare749 (Does that mean it's ...)
Some wanton experimentation with won-tons would be welcome!

Basically, the one that Jean mentioned sounds (wonderfully) like jazzed-up Crab Rangoon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/30?? by labradors (Some wanton experime...)
doesn't it??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/30?? by cjs (doesn't it?? [img]/u...)
Good gracious, Trixxee! I've got an incredible urge to jump on a plane and join you! YUMMY menu!

I picked up a couple of steaks and baking potatoes with fixings. We'll have a simple salad. Not very creative, but it's been a while. AND the weekend is here and I'm planning some fun stuff for the weekend! Based on Jean's comment on the review thread, I'm thinking Lorraine's dinner review will be one of them.

Funny, yesterday, when I went to get the ribs out of the freezer, I grabbed a pork roast by accident. At the time, I wondered..."Wasn't I going to do something special with this?" DUH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good gracious, Trixx...)
We're just going to throw some roasted tomato sauce over past - picked up some sourdough on the way home from dropping of Billy's book at the printer - and call it dinner.
cheeseburger soup tomorrow night.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/30?? by cjs (We're just going to ...)
I made salmon, Jean style, and a wonderful salad. It was my first real meal since the tooth incident. Fabulous dinner, thanks to Jean's help! For dessert later I am going to make the rummed hot chocolate, if I can wait. It would be great to have that hula pie from the restaurant Trixxee is going to with it. Just so glad it is Friday! Plans for tomorrow changed and we are exploring Harrisburg PA. I get to tour the Appalachian Brewery! yippee!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/30?? by chef_Tab (I made salmon, Jean ...)
Well, Jean, I decided to throw together something with tomato sauce, too. I spread it onto a flour tortilla, put slices of pecorino-style cheese on top of that, then slices of pepperoni on top of the cheese, and baked that in my toaster oven. It was quick, cheap and easy, and it lets me decide upon tomorrow's meal as the chicken I had frozen earlier thaws out in the fridge.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?