Dinner - Halloween!!!
  Re: (...)
Denise must be busy as a bee working on her costume - she hasn't been on all week, has she???? Pictures, Denise!

We're having the Cheeseburger soup from the E recipes and [Email]c@h[/Email] book. with garnish of lettuce and tomatoes rather than dill pickles (Well, Roy may have all three)

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - Halloween!!! by cjs (Denise must be busy ...)
Thawed out some chicken legs from the freezer. Taking a break from the curries until I can find an appropriate recipe (per this discussion), so I'll make Chicken Drumsticks in a Honey and Coriander Crust.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner - Halloween!!! by labradors (Thawed out some chic...)
I'm probably going to do Lorraine's Dinner Review. I had wanted to do Billy's Fried Rice and some egg rolls, but that will probably have to wait until next weekend. I don't think I can get all the ingredients locally, and I have too much to do this weekend to go to the city.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Halloween!!! by Gourmet_Mom (I'm probably going t...)
Hubby and I drove 85 miles to Harrisburg, mostly because that is the nearest Costco now. Since we were going there, we decided to do a microbrewery tour and have lunch at the restaurant. The beer was very good, but not the best I have tasted since moving here. For lunch I ordered a cheeseburger(mostly because I haven't had a burger in months) and it was one of the best ever. The Costco trip was a bust. I mainly went to get almond butter(I am addicted to the stuff) but refuse to pay the price at the grocery stores. They don't carry it at this Costco! So on the way home we tried yet another pizza place for dinner. It was very good, but still not up to par with this other place we tried a few weeks ago. This is probably my favorite thing about moving.....figuring out which place has the best this and that!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Halloween!!! by chef_Tab (Hubby and I drove 85...)
Since I can't comment on my dinner, I'll comment on yours, Theresa. Although, I wish I COULD comment on my dinner.

It sounds like you had a fun day! Even with the so-so beer, lunch and dinner, it sounds like you had a nice day.

Okay...I can read, but for some reason, I was thinking you said it was all so-so. Looking back, that's not the case...DUH!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Dinner - Halloween!!! by chef_Tab (Hubby and I drove 85...)
The kids had salad, mini pizza's and corn dogs - Ugh...
Steve and I will have steak and a salad later.

Theresa, do you have a Trader Joe's near you? I am pretty sure they carry almond butter - don't know how the price compares.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Halloween!!! by esgunn (The kids had salad, ...)
Quote:

The kids had salad, mini pizza's and corn dogs - Ugh...

Corn dog pizzas? LOL!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Halloween!!! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, at LEAST I can talk about tonight's dessert. Since I forgot to go to the farm for eggs for the Lemon Tart, and I DID get all the stuff to do the Rummed Hot Chocolate, that's what we had. Jean, you were right...William LOVED it! I can't remember how many times he said, "I LIKE that!"...four or five? LOL! And that's just on the first glass. He had TWO...so far!

I added maybe half a teaspoon more rum to each glass after we tasted, so you got a little more of the flavor. I'll confess...I used half and half...HEY, it's what I had! I forgot I ran out of cinnamon sticks, so I did a sprinkle or two of Saigon Cinnamon. A side note on the chocolate...We have two choices around here...Hershey's and Hershey's. Recently, the store in town started carrying Ghirhideli (sp?), so I thought I'd try that....NOT! It still had flecks of chocolate after it got hot. Very disappointing.

This is a straight up 10 at our house! And William doesn't give those often! Thanks for sharing this one Jean! It'll be a regular this winter!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Dinner - Halloween!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Well, at LEAST I can...)
Hershey's and Ghirardelli are EATING chocolates. For DRINKING chocolate, you should use Mexican chocolate, especially Ibarra.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Halloween!!! by labradors (Hershey's and Ghirar...)
Check the first part....Ghirardelli is new around here. Previously, my only option was Hershey's. I WISH I had some good chocolate. One of these days, I'm going to order some.
Daphne