Jean! Lemon Tart Error? SPOILER!
  Re: (...)
Jean, is there an error in the salt amount here? I questioned it when I saw it, but I went with it...what do I know. Then I had a REALLY hard time with the crust. Now that I have tasted it, I think I know why. Check the salt amount...

LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST MAKES ONE 9" TART
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR + CHILLING

FOR THE ALMOND CRUST - PROCESS:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt

PULSE IN:
6 T. unsalted butter, cold,
Cubed
1/2 t. almond extract

ADD; PULSE TO BLEND:
3-5 T. ice water
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Jean! Lemon Tart Error? SPOILER! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, is there an er...)
Daphne,

YIKES! It should have been 1/4 tsp - Not 1/4 cup. Hope you can enjoy the filling.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Jean! Lemon Tart Error? SPOILER! by esgunn (Daphne, [br][br]YIK...)
Yea, Jean needs to change that in the menu thread. I figured that was it. When I saw it, I wondered, but like I said, what do I know. I've only made pastry dough once. I was doing three things at one time and running out of time, so went with it. You can not imagine the trouble I had rolling that stuff out...NO WONDER...LOL! You can imagine our faces when we took that first bite...ROFLOL! It's a shame I can't scoop it out and put it into another crust.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Jean! Lemon Tart Error? SPOILER! by Gourmet_Mom (Yea, Jean needs to c...)
Oh for crying out loud!!! I'm so sorry - and I do proofread. I'll go fix it right now. I really apologize, Daphne, for ruining your dessert!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean! Lemon Tart Error? SPOILER! by cjs (Oh for crying out lo...)
Don't worry about it! I should have double checked it. I KNEW it looked wrong.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Jean! Lemon Tart Error? SPOILER! by Gourmet_Mom (Don't worry about it...)
AAARRRGGGGGHHHHH...I hate when this happens! Anon was checking this out!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com