Dinner November 5, 2009
  Re: (...)
I miss Jean already....LOL!

I hadn't thought of posting this, but I was having a terrible time thinking of what to have for dinner. I didn't want to use my boneless thighs...saving that for Saturday to do Billy's Fried Rice and Chicken Yakitori with Egg Rolls. That left me with thighs and legs or breasts.

Suddenly it hit me...Bill and Jane's Chicken Breasts with Lemon and Brandy! So that's what we're having for dinner with linguine and a simple salad. Thanks again Bill!

So, what are you all up to?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Dinner November 5, 2009 by Gourmet_Mom (I miss Jean already....)
Oh yeah! I love that one. I haven't figured out dinner yet. Baguettes are in the oven. Screams for spaghetti, but I'll see when the rest of the crew get home from picking some corn for smoking bacon. Tomorrow deer season starts so you don't want to be near the corn fields for a few days. But we need the cobs for smoking the bacon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner November 5, 2009 by Harborwitch (Oh yeah! I love tha...)
Yep, I would definitely agree that being in a corn field on opening day would be a bad thing! Cobs for smoking...HMMMMM? That sounds interesting! Sharon, what are you going to do first when they drag a deer home?
Daphne
  Re: Dinner November 5, 2009 by Gourmet_Mom (I miss Jean already....)
It is a gym night, so took out a pan of frozen pulled pork enchiladas. Not very exciting...But good.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner November 5, 2009 by Gourmet_Mom (Yep, I would definit...)
Unless someone gifts us this year . . . we're deerless. Bob and I were talking about a honking big chest freezer for next year to fill with venison, elk, pork, lamb (if I can find some ), and buffalo to last the winter.

My first thing to cook if someone gave me a deer would be the Venison Wellington with port wine and raspberry reduction. Looking forward to sausage too!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner November 5, 2009 by Harborwitch (Unless someone gifts...)
Hey, Erin, at least you know what your kids are actually eating. I bet the other Moms are stopping at fast food places on the way home!

Oh, my, Sharon...the Wellington sounds wonderful! Is that recipe on here somewhere?

Yea, speaking of sausage, William gave the go ahead for HIS Xmas gift this year...a pro grinder. He wants to go to Bass Pro Shop for the thing, but I'm thinking they'll be pricier than buying elsewhere. I'll check out prices and start a thread to get brands and advice. Thanks for the reminder.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Dinner November 5, 2009 by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, Erin, at least ...)
Yo, Bill...AWESOME again! Thanks for dinner! Fast, easy, impressive, and SUPER TASTY!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Dinner November 5, 2009 by Gourmet_Mom (Yo, Bill...AWESOME a...)
Quote:

Yo, Bill...AWESOME again! Thanks for dinner! Fast, easy, impressive, and SUPER TASTY!

You are too kind--thank you!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner November 5, 2009 by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We had linguine with clam sauce. Tonight it's a simple roasted chicken, gravy, Uncle Ben's rice and roasted beets.
  Re: Re: Dinner November 5, 2009 by Trixxee (We had linguine with...)
AT 12:30 a.m. (California time ) we were eating salad and drinking wine with our friends. Stayed up until 2 a.m. and I can't believe I'm up at 7 a.m. our time!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com