Help with search feature, please
  Re: (...)
Not sure why, but I have absolutely no luck using the search feature for anything. Those of you who are successful with using it, please share your wisdom so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

One of the recipes that I'm trying to find was one that we did for a dinner review, last winter, I think. It was for Pho. Now, I know there is a recipe in one of the Cuisine books for it, but I'm not sure if that is the one we used since there may have been another version in the magazine.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Help with search feature, please by Mare749 (Not sure why, but I ...)
Maryanne, What I do is put a key word in Quotes in the search box. Then put a date range in the date boxes. If you don't want anything in the newer box - you have to have both boxes empty. Not just empty in the number box. I think the problem with searching for "Pho" is it finds anything that begins with "Pho" like photo.

In the online index I found these two entries. But it does not have any recipes from the special publication books.

2 entries found for Pho
Chicken Pho
Cuisine at home No. 61 (February 2007), pages 30-31

If chicken noodle soup is a little too Plain Jane for you, give this Vietnamese noodle soup a whirl. It's a delightful change of pace.

More about this article

Tips and techniques
Cuisine No. 2 (April 1997), pages 4-5

Microwaving lemons / Easy garlic peeling / Cleaning copper / Freezing ginger / Photo album recipe saver / It's not just for eggs anymore / Keeping wine / Keeping track of ingredients / Plastic pantry bag / Eggplant gender / Another garlic remedy? / Sticky plastic wrap

More about this article
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Help with search feature, please by esgunn (Maryanne, What I d...)
Maryann, here is the link - found it using "Chicken Pho" with the quotes and a date range of newer than 3 years, older than 1 year...

Chicken Pho with noodles link
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Help with search feature, please by esgunn (Maryanne, What I d...)
Maryann, to take this a little further, Labs helped me with a tip. Blank out ALL the boxes for the date range. This brings up SO many more ideas. The other tip I have is adding review to your search within quotations marks. Let's see what I can come up with. Also, Erin has a good idea that I use if I KNOW it's a [Email]C@H[/Email] recipe. Also, to beat the problem where you can't do gwo searches in a row, I open my search boxes in a separate tab and leave it open so I can do another search using that window. I hope that makes sense. BRB!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Help with search feature, please by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, to take thi...)
Wow, thank you both for such a quick reply! I will save this thread for future reference too. Erin, that was the link I was looking for. How funny, it just so happens I picked the recipe for the review that time. Guess it tells you how much I liked that one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Help with search feature, please by Mare749 (Wow, thank you both ...)
Well, I see Erin found it for you. I found it the same way. BTW, if you know someone who participated in a thread, like yourself or Jean (She's always a good one to put in the user name box.), you can put that user name in the box and narrow down the hits.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Help with search feature, please by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I see Erin fou...)
Also don't forget using Google. To my earlier suggestions regarding Google, I also suggest adding "+showflat" to the search line so you don't get a bunch of the annoying "showthreaded" and "printthreaded" links in your results. Thus, for this search:

chicken pho site:forums.cuisineathome.com +showflat
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Help with search feature, please by labradors (Also don't forget us...)
Labs, thanks for the hint again - I can never remember how to do that.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Help with search feature, please by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I see Erin fou...)
Daphne, I think we were posting and searching at the same time!
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Help with search feature, please by esgunn (Daphne, I think we w...)
To the minute, apparently, Erin....LOL! To be honest, I had a heck of a time searching this one. I have GOT to start using Lab's Google method. I'm about to go to sleep, but I'm going to practice a time or two so MAYBE I'll remember this time...LOL!

Pooh, I'm never going to remember this. I just used the same line with a different food and found it instantly! I'm going to save your post, Labs, to a desktop document until I have practiced this regularly....THANKS! (I know, you've explained this on several occasions, but it has FINALLY sunk in!)
Daphne