Nov 9th Dinner
  Re: (...)
Hey, what are you all up to? Some of you have probably alreay had it. I twisted my ankle yesterday and have a sprain. Darn it. Sure glad it is Monday Night Football and Pizza.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Nov 9th Dinner by esgunn (Hey, what are you al...)
Oh, Erin! Bless your heart! A sprained ankle with three 7 year olds AND a homeschooler! (Hey, BTW, aren't they due for a birthday soon?)I hope you recover soon!

I cooked like a fool this weekend, so I had the butcher cut me a LARGE "London Broil" cut roast. (The employee that eats like a horse has been here all weekend AND will be here all week! But then he is building me a smokehouse, so who am I to complain!) It's hanging out with seasoning salt, coarse ground pepper, garlic, rosemary, basil, and thyme waiting to be grilled to a perfect medium rare. This will be served with horseradish sauce and sides of baked potatoes with all the fixin's and a simple salad with homemade croutons and a balsamic vinaigrette.

In other words, I'm pretty much taking the night off...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Nov 9th Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Erin! Bless you...)
We are busy preparing for our Christmas parties, so we are having our old standby, chicken breasts with lemon and brandy, with three peppercorn fettucinni and Swiss chard. (I'm also having bloodwork Wed AM, so low cholesterol stuff for me--yes, I cheat!!). Steaks Wed nite!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Nov 9th Dinner by Old Bay (We are busy preparin...)
Bill, you are sooo bad...LOL! I hope you are as lucky as you were last time! Good luck!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Nov 9th Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, you are sooo b...)
We had Lorraine's birthday dinner menu tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Nov 9th Dinner by Mare749 (We had Lorraine's bi...)
Monday, December 7th seems a long time away, doesn't it...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Nov 9th Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Monday, December 7th...)
I knew I was going to be out running around all day, so I stuck some chicken backs in the crockpot with one of those Holiday Soup bean mixes, onion etc. and let it cook all day while I ran. It was waiting for me warm and wonderful when I got home, we had it with the one last loaf of that terriffic bread.....I guess I'll just have to bake some more
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Nov 9th Dinner by farnfam (I knew I was going t...)
Yup...must make more!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Nov 9th Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Monday, December 7th...)
Quote:

Monday, December 7th seems a long time away, doesn't it...LOL!

Yep, sure does!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Nov 9th Dinner by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We had sandwiches with balsamic chicken, goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, red onions and arugula. Very good.