My Dinner Review - 8-Layer Lasagna
  Re: (...)
AWESOME!!

I've made this three times in this year to share with family, and each time it turns out spectacular and well received.

Last Saturday my family celebrated numerous BDs, and one anniversary that fall within a one month period. Twenty of us gathered at my folks' home to celebrate my Mom's 85th, and the lasagna took center stage, especially among the nieces and nephews. My sister's Curried chicken was excellent and I made a small veggie lasagna for my one niece.

According to all, it has become my Signature dish and something I will be expected to make for all gatherings to come.

I am going to post a great cheesecake recipe I found at allrecipes.com which was another hit. I need input as I'm not so sure I'm using the right sized pan. It's my "entry fee" to my SIL's and brother's Thanksgiving Day feast.

Thank you Cuisine Magazine!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: My Dinner Review - 8-Layer Lasagna by BarbaraS (AWESOME!![br][br]I'v...)
Well, heck Barbara...the review is not until December the 7th....LOL! I'm glad your family enjoyed it, though....it is a good one!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My Dinner Review - 8-Layer Lasagna by Gourmet_Mom (Well, heck Barbara.....)
Wait, I thought the pork stew was for Dec 7???
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: My Dinner Review - 8-Layer Lasagna by farnfam (Wait, I thought the ...)
Cis, we were going to review three dinners on the Seventh...Lorraine (Winter Pork Stew menu), Barbara (the lasagna), and Jeanette (?). Jeanette was going to choose from the new issue when it came out. She hasn't picked yet, but there's plenty of time. Heck, I'm having trouble waiting to post Lorraine's review...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: My Dinner Review - 8-Layer Lasagna by Gourmet_Mom (Cis, we were going t...)
Oh, ok, for a minute there I thought I was confused
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: My Dinner Review - 8-Layer Lasagna by BarbaraS (AWESOME!![br][br]I'v...)
Is that the lasagna from vol 19? If so which one? We have had the Bolognese (great), but not the red pepper.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: My Dinner Review - 8-Layer Lasagna by Old Bay (Is that the lasagna ...)
Bill, to be honest, I don't know, but you may get a clue from this thread. 8 Layer Lasagna Review I've made this a couple of times and it is VERY good! A weekend dish, for me, to be sure, but well worth the effort! I have found that if you put a LITTLE bit of each ingredient per layer, you will get the 8 layers.
Daphne
  Re: Re: My Dinner Review - 8-Layer Lasagna by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, to be honest, ...)
It is. Barbara was involved in the thread.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: My Dinner Review - 8-Layer Lasagna by farnfam (Oh, ok, for a minute...)
Quote:

Oh, ok, for a minute there I thought I was confused

haha, Cis, you are confused, just have another beer. teehee
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!