New Moon
  Re: (...)
New movie, set in Forks Washington--about 40 miles from Port Angeles and our Jean and Roy!! MAJOR movie for the younger set--vampires, wolves, love story, first date lunch at an Italian Resteraunt in "nearby Port Angeles".

Jean, did any filming take place in the area--how good is the resteraunt in Port Angeles?? Tourism has increased 10 times in Forks. Some happy, some not.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: New Moon by Old Bay (New movie, set in Fo...)
Isn't this one of the Twighlight series? These books are really HOT at school with the kids...11 and up!

Having been the "victim" of the filming industry, I can say that being around filming is like watching grass grow! Painful! But, hey, if you get to be added to the "crew" and get to eat with them, it's worth the aggravation! Also, if they talk you into using your house and/or property, the money is pretty good, but you pay dearly for it. In the end, Southport has suffered from a tourist boom that may never end.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Moon by Gourmet_Mom (Isn't this one of th...)
Yes, it is part of the twilight series. Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, and J. T Walsh made a movie 10 miles from here using the county judge and some other locals--it was only released on HBO or CDs --don't even remember the name--did us no long term good. Mixed blessing--immediate satisfaction--nothing to remember--sounds like New Moon is having a different effect.
  Re: Re: New Moon by Old Bay (Yes, it is part of t...)
Cool! I haven't checked out that series, yet, but I loved good vampire - and even more so, werewolf stories. Recently, I discovered an interesting one called Shiver that's actually also a "young-adult" romance. When someone who knows my tastes suggested it, I was a little uncertain, at first, since it sounded more like something for a teenage girl - not a middle-aged man to read, but I was pleasantly surprised, that it was quite a good book.

One description of the book is:
Quote:

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: New Moon by labradors (Cool! I haven't che...)
Thanks for the correction on the spelling, Bill. I knew that didn't look right...LOL!

Labs, if you like that sort of thing, you'll like this series. Here is the Amazon sight to check out the books. Twilight Series Granted it is aimed at the teen set, but I know a lot of adults that have enjoyed it as well.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Moon by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the corre...)
Thanks!

One of the neat things about Shiver was that a werewolf was one of the PROtagonists, for a change - not just a bloodthirsty monster. The same was true about Wolf Moon, by Charles de Lint. Good books.
  Re: Re: New Moon by labradors (Thanks![br][br]One o...)
I understand they have quite the following - have friends who children
have been over to the Area several times - and have gone to several
events on the movies.

Not a vampire fan. and way to old for this one. -

We have had several movies made here on the Island in the Seventiesand
eighties. most were not released to the big screen. - Sandra Bullock
and several other stars have stayed here in Oak Harbor - while the movies were
being made.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: New Moon by mjkcooking (I understand they ha...)
Labs, if you check it out, I think you'll find that there are two sets of vampires...good guys and bad guys. The love story comes in with a teenage girl who falls in love with one of the "good" vampires. The bad guy tries to get to the good guy by going after the girl. The war is on...this is the condensed version according to teenage girls I teach...LOL!

Forgot to add...to the best of my knowledge, the movie...the first one...has turned a several teen actors into SUPERSTARS! Every day, at school, at least one kid is wearing a t-shirt with a Twilight image on it...girls mostly. It has affected fashion as well. And all this in a tiny little rural town. I can't imagine how it must have affected larger cities. It's that big!
  Re: Re: New Moon by Gourmet_Mom (Labs, if you check i...)
Oh, I know a little about it, but just haven't checked it out yet. Some friends have a 21-year-old daughter who just went to Canada to continue her education (the family is originally Canadian, anyway, but live here). She was just nuts about it. One of these days I'll look into it. There are a couple of places, here, that sell and/or exchanges used books, and I may even find them there.
  Re: Re: New Moon by labradors (Oh, I know a little ...)
I'm so old my favorites were the old Dracula movies--then my favorites moved to "The Thing" (1952), "The Day the Earth Stood Still", "The Exorcist", Damian series--Revelations makes really good cinema.