Banana Spice Muffins with Struesel topping
  Re: (...)
While looking in Issue 66, Dec 2007 to check out the pumpkin cheesecake, (which I think I'm making for Thanksgiving dessert)I came across this yummy recipe for Banana Muffins with a wonderful nut and stuesel topping. Boy oh boy are they ever good. I had frozen over ripe bananas and they worked fine. What a great breakfast treat!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Banana Spice Muffins with Struesel topping by farnfam (While looking in Iss...)
This recipe? What recipe? I don't see no steenking recipe! LOL!

Sounds great. Always looking for good banana recipes down here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Banana Spice Muffins with Struesel topping by labradors (This recipe? What r...)
I don't have that issue. If someone gets a chance, I'd love to have it. Cis, if you make the cheesecake BEFORE Thanksgiving for a tester, I'd love to get your take on it. If it's a good one, Laura sure thought so in her review, I'd love to have that recipe as well....when you get a chance.

The gang liked my pumpkin recipe from last year well enough, but they still ask for my Praline Cheesecake. I'm tired of that one, so I'm looking for another pumpkin to try. Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Banana Spice Muffins with Struesel topping by labradors (This recipe? What r...)
Banana-Spice muffins

Combine:
2 C all purp flour
1/2 C sugar
2 t grnd cinnamon
1t bkg pwdr
1/2 t bkg soda
1/2 t grnd cardamom
1/4 t grnd nutmeg
1/4 t kshr salt
Whisk together/Stir in:
1 C low fat vailla yogurt
1/2 C ripe bananas mashed
2 egg yoks (reserve whites)
3 T unslted butter melted
Whip/Fold in:
2 egg whites
Stir together:
1/4 C walnuts, toast and chp
2 T all purp flour
2 T brown sugar
1 T unslt butter, melted
1/2 t grnd cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400, line a muffin pan wiht paper liners, then coat with nonstick spray.
Combine 2 C flour, sugar 2t cinnamon, bk pwdr, bk sda, cardamom, nutmeg, and salt in large bowl
Whisk yogurt, banana, egg yolks, and butter in bown til smoothe then stir into dry ingredients to combine.
Whip egg whites to stiff peaks fold into batter. fill each well 3/4 fi;;
Stir ing for streusel topping and divide among the muffins evenly
Bake 15 to 20 min. Serve warm
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Banana Spice Muffins with Struesel topping by farnfam (Banana-Spice muffins...)
What's not to like there (except for walnuts, perhaps; wonder how macadamias would be)?

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Banana Spice Muffins with Struesel topping by labradors (What's not to like t...)
Thanks again, Cis. Oddly enough, I've got everything but the bananas...guess what I'm going for tomorrow morning! I may get wild and make this AND the cheesecake tomorrow! If the weather starts to clear, I think the employee will be back tomorrow night! They're hoping to get back to work on the smokehouse. Perfect!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Banana Spice Muffins with Struesel topping by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks again, Cis. ...)
Does anyone remember the guy on C2C that made the best cheesecakes in the world - he had one for pumpkin cheesecake that I can't find under "Pumpkin Cheesecake" in my Mastercook and don't remember how I entered it....darn. It was wonderful!

Those muffins sound so good, Cis.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Banana Spice Muffins with Struesel topping by cjs (Does anyone remember...)
Yea, Dan Raneri...I've got it, Jean. Let me know if you don't find it and I'll pm it to you. I asked him once if I could share it and he asked me not to share it on here...his own creation. I guess I can't blame him.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Banana Spice Muffins with Struesel topping by Gourmet_Mom (Yea, Dan Raneri...I'...)
Yeah, I remember him saying that - I was going to p.m. it to Cis if she was interested. I'll search for his name, that may be where I put it. Thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Banana Spice Muffins with Struesel topping by cjs (Yeah, I remember him...)
Yes, please PM me the recipe, Jean dear, I would like to compare the two and decide before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to make something very close to the one we had for dessert on our recent little getaway to the Glenora Vineyard and then a hike thru the gorge at Watkin's Glen. The Glenora restaurant, Veraisins, was out of this world good.
Cis
Empress for Life