OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone!
  Re: (...)
With all that has happened in the past few days, I felt that today’s holiday was extra special.

While I’m excited that I get to sleep in and cook all day, I can’t help but feel a little more patriotic today. So in the spirit of our great country, I would like to salute our veterans today.

Happy Veteran’s Day everyone...especially to any members who have served or are serving our country. Stand up and take a bow if you will.

I hope this is not going to be frowned upon. I just felt compelled to post a tribute.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! by Gourmet_Mom (With all that has ha...)
I agree, Daph. I am truly thankful for the men and women who fight and make the ultimate sacrifice so we can live free. Truly they are heroes!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! by farnfam (I agree, Daph. I am...)
Indeed. Three cheers for those who dedicate a part or all of their lives to defending America's lives and liberty.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! by labradors (Indeed. Three cheer...)
There's a saying, "If you can read this freely, thank a veteran". How true.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! by Gourmet_Mom (With all that has ha...)
Quote:

I hope this is not going to be frowned upon.

Good heavens, why would that happen???

My SIL is giving a speech today at a Veterans Day gathering, she and my brother were in the Air Force for several years.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Because of my Dad, I raise my glass every year! Plus, we're going to Pearl Harbor today, if it's not too crowded - if so we'll go tomorrow. Will be very emotional I'm sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! by cjs (Because of my Dad, I...)
Quote:

Because of my Dad, I raise my glass every year! Plus, we're going to Pearl Harbor today, if it's not too crowded - if so we'll go tomorrow. Will be very emotional I'm sure.

We did the Navy tour some years ago--very well done--there is one of our local boys down there, still on the Arizona. Very emotional.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Jean, I had wondered if you guys would make that tour today....Way cool! I hope you get in! William would kill to be in on this tour with you guys! I can't wait to tell him. Post pics if you can...he'll love it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.