Thursday, Nov 12 dinner?
  Re: (...)
I have never started this thread before! I am making the Mulligatawny Chicken Pot pie from one of the weeknight menus books. I know Maryann has made it and liked it. It sounds so interesting with curry, ginger, and coconut milk. I have quite a bit of chicken left from last nights roast and thought this would be a good use of it.

So what's everyone else up to?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Thursday, Nov 12 dinner? by chef_Tab (I have never started...)
It is really good! A fun change. If I remember right, it is pretty spicy but good.

I am not quite sure what we are having. Uh oh, it is a gym night too. I think I will throw some chicken thighs in the crock pot with some black beans and salsa and have wraps.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Thursday, Nov 12 dinner? by esgunn (It is really good! ...)
Sounds like another chicken night around here, and I'm in, too...LOL!

I had a CRAZY day at school today. Thanks to Ida, we had incredible amounts of rain...STILL raining! Some areas have gotten 7 inches in the past 24 hours. I think we've gotten about 5, so far. The wind is blowing pretty hard as well...doesn't make for the best driving conditions. That being said, we had a delayed start. The employees went in at the regular time, but the buses didn't pull in until 10. When I got there after a harrowing drive, I discovered the power was out at the school. The power company said they'd have it up and running by 9. I was told we were better off than one other school which had sub-pumps (sp?) in some of the classrooms due to flooding with kids coming in at 10! I was sitting in my room by the window for light grading papers when I heard a distinct POW! I raced to the back of the building with my cell, expecting to find the two power company workers laid out! They were fine, but the whole transformer had blown and would take until after 5 today to be replaced! Those children who had cell phones were allowed to call to go home and most teachers allowed those who did not use theirs. By the end of the day, there were only about 10-20 kids per grade level left! WHAT A WEIRD DAY! Sorry, had to vent...but at least we won't have to make the day up over Thanksgiving!

ANYWAY, tonight I picked up a chicken and will roast with lemon and Herbes de Provence. William made veggie soup at the camp yesterday, so that will go along with the chicken for a "veggie" to use that up. I MAY make Lab's Bacon and Brie soup for a starter, but I need to check to be sure I have enough Brie left and all the necessary ingredients. So roasted meat and soup is the order of the day here. It's in the 50's and raining....BRRRRR! That's cold for around here!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday, Nov 12 dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds like another ...)
We are cleaning out our cheese drawer--we will have marinated mozzerella/spices/herbs, white Vermont cheddar, taleggio, Saint Andre Triple Cream Soft Cheese, Gorgonzola Verde Dolce Cheese, various crackers, fruit. and a Walla Walla Sangiovese. Cheese is good for you!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thursday, Nov 12 dinner? by Old Bay (We are cleaning out ...)
I want to try that pot pie recipe but of course keep forgetting about it until someone mentions it.

We went cjs style tonight (aka Maui style) - I picked up some pork fried rice from our favorite Chinese joint, reheated that and topped it with fried eggs and soy sauce. I was very lazy again today and this was good enough for the husband so I went with it.
  Re: Re: Thursday, Nov 12 dinner? by Trixxee (I want to try that p...)
We had the Mahi Mahi dinner last night, finally. It's really very good. I will post both the fish and the asparagus dishes, both are repeats.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday, Nov 12 dinner? by cjs (We had the Mahi Mahi...)
We had the last of the left over cacciatore and a salad. With just two of us now, we will make a half recipe next time...