BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Sheets
  Re: (...)
We were really excited about this product. We didn't notice the one we bought was two weeks past the sale date. When we unwrapped it, it broke, stuck, and except for the first 1/4, was unusable. Hopefully if it was fresh it would have worked better. Anyone else tried this product? I'd like to know before I try it again.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Sheets by Old Bay (We were really excit...)
I've never heard of the product, although they are the company we buy all our cheeses from for catering. Really good quality. How do you use the sheets?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Sheets by Old Bay (We were really excit...)
We haven't tried that particular product, Bill - what a shame. I wish stores would check the expire dates more often. sometimes I forget to check also.

Sheets - how large were the sheets? Can't quite picture this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Sheets by cjs (We haven't tried tha...)
I think they are about 6 inches by 18. I saw an ad in La Cucinna Italia-- sold in rolls -you open them up and lay flat-- we were going to cover with sun dried tomato pesto, fresh basil, prosciutto (sp?), and roll up, then slice into rounds with the stuffing exposed. We only got to try it with about a 6x8 piece--pretty.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Sheets by Old Bay (I think they are abo...)
Oh wow, that sounds like so much fun to play with - hope you find some fresh to use.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Sheets by Old Bay (I think they are abo...)
I went to their website. Very interesting product. Of course their explaination is quite simple. I wonder if you need to let it sit to room temperature? They sure don't mention that. How disappointing, but I would give them a try. I wonder if a tepenade (sp?) would be good for a filling?

Unlimited Ideas Using Unwrap & Rollâ„¢ Are Just 5 Easy Steps Away

1. After opening the package, unroll the Fresh Mozzarella sheet (approx. 6" wide by 20" long) onto a clean, dry, smooth surface.

2. With a sharp knife or kitchen shears, slice the sheet in half (6" wide by 10" long), allowing for two different serving ideas.

3. Layer your favorite ingredients. Drain any wet ingredients to create a tighter roll.

4. Roll back up. To prep ahead, wrap rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.

5. Slice, serve and enjoy!

For a movie demo, they posted a Youtube video: Unwrap and Roll Mozzerella Sheets

[Image: Unwrap-Roll-Filled.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Sheets by cjs (Oh wow, that sounds ...)
I haven't seen the sheets yet, but I'll be looking for them. What a great idea you have for using them. Sound delicious. I have used their fresh mozz ball and have been happy with it. You could probably get a refund from the store if you tell them about it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Sheets by cjs (Oh wow, that sounds ...)
Oh wow. Those look great. I am so sorry it was past the date and unusable. I wonder where I can find them around here?

Here is the link: Fresh Mozzarella Sheets

Bill, if you try them again let us know if it works.

Laura, looks like were posting at the same time - AND you beat me to it!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Sheets by esgunn (Oh wow. Those look ...)
Great minds...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Sheets by luvnit (Great minds... [img]...)
Brilliant!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!