Nutella mousse
  Re: (...)
Hi,

I am going to my best friends house for dinner tomorrow night and she loves nutella. Does anybody have a nutella mouse recipe or something else that is great to make that includes nutella.

Thanks
  Re: Nutella mousse by piano226 (Hi,[br][br]I am goin...)
Tomorrow night? Well, I hesitate to post this because I haven't tried it and you wouldn't have time to test, but...
it just looks so darn good. I've had this a while, don't know why I haven't tried it except I'm always afraid to have Nutella in the house (no will power at all!)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Gianduja Mousse

1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut paste -- such as Nutella
1/4 cup crème fraîche
1 1/2 teaspoons brandy or hazelnut liqueur
1/2 cup heavy cream
Chocolate wafer cookies -- for serving

In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the chocolate-hazelnut paste with the crème fraîche and brandy at low speed until smooth.

In another bowl, beat the heavy cream until firm peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the chocolate-hazelnut mixture until no streaks remain.

Spoon the mousse into small bowls and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Serve with the chocolate wafer cookies.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
just remembered this one - " Dessert was the Nutella pizza, topped off with Limoncello."

and another one I've been saving to try -

Don't know where this one came from

* Exported from MasterCook *

Nutella Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup nutella
splash of vanilla

Cream shortening, nutella and sugars. Add the egg and blend til smooth. Add the flour and soda and finally the dash of vanilla. Either roll into walnut sized balls and flatten with a moistened fork or just drop by tsp onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes or til just done.

Note: If you prefer your cookie to retain its shape you need to use shortening in this recipe. If you don't mind having them flatten out then you can sub either butter or marg.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTE: Just made these and they are yummy (Maybe I did make these, I think this is my note...)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Nutella mousse by piano226 (Hi,[br][br]I am goin...)
Found this one I've never even had Nutella

Ingredients
1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup Nutella
2 tb. Hot water
2 tsp. instant espresso or instant coffee
1 nipper hazelnut flavored Kahlua

Directions

Dissolve instant espresso in hot water in small bowl. Add Nutella and Kahlua, beating until smooth. Put aside.
Whip heavy cream until doubled in volume and it forms stiff peaks (Tip: chill the bowl and beaters to get a better whipped cream).

Give Nutella mix a quick beat, and fold into whipped cream. Put into dessert glasses and chill 2 hours.
Serves 4-6, depending on the serving.

Top with a dollop of whipped cream and some sifted cocoa before serving.
  Re: Re: Nutella mousse by cjs (Tomorrow night? Well...)
The jar and hand out spoons!

Well, that's what I do when I have any in the house!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Nutella mousse by esgunn (The jar and hand out...)
me too, Erin!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Nutella mousse by cjs (me too, Erin!...)
OOOOOOOOO...i making that mousse for sure. I think she will love it.

Thanks for all your help.
  Re: Re: Nutella mousse by piano226 (OOOOOOOOO...i making...)
Let us know the results. Maybe, I'll put some in the house....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Nutella mousse by cjs (Let us know the resu...)
Nutella????? What on earth is that???? There may be something similar on our shelves but I need some guidance here!

That recipe sure sounds wonderful------HELP please
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Nutella mousse by Roxanne 21 (Nutella????? What ...)
Hi,
Nuteella is a chocolate hazelnut almost like a paste substance. One of the most delicious things on this planet and thats coming from not a chocolate lover.

A must try for everybody.
  Re: Re: Nutella mousse by piano226 (Hi,[br]Nuteella is a...)
Uh Huh---right up my alley on this one----CHOCOLATE!!!!! AND HAZELNUTS???? Too good to be true----gonna look into this one----------there MUST be something here---somewhere!!

Seems to me that I have seen a couple of recipes by Ina Garten and that cute little Italian chick--name escapes me-- GEESH---Alzhiemer's anyone??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy