What's For Dinner - Tuesday, 11/????
  Re: (...)
I'm fixing a birthday dinner for our host tonight -

Thai Mango Salad
Bourbon & B. Sugar Baby Back Ribs
Parmesan & Leek Bread Timbales
PeanutButter Rice Krispie Treats

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Tuesday, 11/???? by cjs (I'm fixing a birthda...)
Peter is still under----I did bacon, a cheese omelet and a fruit salad. He did okay but NOT great----those muscle aches and pains are really debilitating---sure wish that Lipitor would leave the system!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Tuesday, 11/???? by Roxanne 21 (Peter is still under...)
Molto Manicotti from issue 54 for us
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Tuesday, 11/???? by piano226 (Molto Manicotti from...)
chicken enchiladas with beans and avacado. Not sure if it even makes sense, but I wanted to make something healthy and use up the rest of my roasted chicken.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Tuesday, 11/???? by chef_Tab (chicken enchiladas w...)
Chicken and tortellini soup and leftover apple crisp. Now that Jean mentioned those peanut butter rice krispy treats, I want to run out to the store for rice krispies !
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's For Dinner - Tuesday, 11/???? by cjs (I'm fixing a birthda...)
I am making Chicken Tortilla Soup in the crock pot.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Tuesday, 11/???? by esgunn (I am making Chicken ...)
C@H's Hungarian Goulash pulled from the freezer. Noodles and carrots too.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Tuesday, 11/???? by Trixxee ([url=mailto:C@H's]C@...)
Oh my...two of my favorites mentioned here...Molto Manicotti and Hungarian Goulash!

Jean, that bread timbale sounds good! Recipe please?

We're having an old C@H favorite, French Onion Salisbury Steak, mashers, and spring mix salad or peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Tuesday, 11/???? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my...two of my fa...)
I have been thinking about those French Onion Salsibury Steaks lately. I think those need to be on the menu as soon as hubby gets back.

I am also going to look up the goulosh recipe. Don't remember that one.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Tuesday, 11/???? by esgunn (I have been thinking...)
Daphne, they are just the old Parmesan & Leek bread pudding, just putting them in individual molds.

Well, I was going to reference the link but the search didn't work for the recipe, so here it is-I think you already have it,tho.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Parmesan-Leek Bread Pudding

3 tablespoons butter
3 leeks\raw -- white part only
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup Half-and-half, Fat Free
4 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 loaf Italian bread -- torn into 1 inch pieces

In a sauté pan over medium heat, gently soften the leeks in butter. After the leeks are tender, remove from heat. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, half-and-half, eggs, seasonings, and cheese. Stir in bread and leeks. Pour mixture into a large baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes.

Serves 8
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com