OT - C@H Pollyana Christmas Anyone?
  Re: (...)
Just a thought. I outed myself that I would like to do something for someone else with limited access to stuff we can purchase in these United States.

What are your thoughts about doing something for another member of this chat board that are generous with their time and recipes? I really don't see any animosity amongst the multitude of posters here.

Of course, someone would have to be the one to know "who gets who" in the Pollyana. A price limit should be set, but that could always be up to the giver.

Any other thoughts I'm missing out on?

Bueller? Bueller??

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: OT - C@H Pollyana Christmas Anyone? by BarbaraS (Just a thought. I o...)
I like it. I've taken or sent things to our folks before--PM and tell me who and what--or we'll confer--I love sending good stuff to my friends on this forum--we are really a family with limited contact, but harmonious, real concern, and mental friendships. A few of us have actually met and melded. I suggest we plan a convention in a year or so in Nebraska, Argentina, or St. Louis. (Thats for another thread). We all miss Billy--we should have done this sooner.
  Re: Re: OT - C@H Pollyana Christmas Anyone? by Old Bay (I like it. I've take...)
I would love to do somthing like that. I have access to numerous huge asian supermarkets and a great middle eastern stores. Let me know if anybody wants anything. Oh yeah, and I have plenty of Mate from buenos aires if anybody wants to try that. The taste is definately acquired but let me tell you, if you want to loose weight it is fantastic. Knocks off any craving and appetite. My daughter who lives in buenos aires calls it argentenian anorexia.
  Re: Re: OT - C@H Pollyana Christmas Anyone? by piano226 (I would love to do s...)
I saw Pollyanna and immediately thought of Billy - that was one of my nicknames for him...

I'm in - go for it, Barbara - just let us know what/how/when/who (could you draw names from a hat??)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - C@H Pollyana Christmas Anyone? by cjs (I saw Pollyanna and ...)
Seriously? I didn't step on anyone's toes?

I could set this up. I'll be the only one to know who's got who.

For eveyone interested, pm me with your snail mail info. That way, if you don't want to participate, no one has to know.

I'll draw names and pm everyone on the list with the relevant info.

We should think of a dollar limit - and don't forget to include postage with that.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: OT - C@H Pollyana Christmas Anyone? by BarbaraS (Seriously? I didn't...)
Thanks Barbara - off to send my address! Of course, we all know so much about each other, that if I get a pkg. from, say, Texas - I'll know who the little Santa is.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - C@H Pollyana Christmas Anyone? by cjs (Thanks Barbara - off...)
This could be quite interesting-------how very thoughtful of you Barbara for the offer of Nutella. GUESS WHAT I FOUND???? NUTELLA---the REAL deal---near the peanut butter section. New product---see????? I said things are looking up here. I would love to join this Pollyana party.

Problem is---I don't really have anything here that you all don't already have....but I will give it some thought. What a fun idea!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: OT - C@H Pollyana Christmas Anyone? by Roxanne 21 (This could be quite ...)
Wow Roxanne, you found Nutella! Congrats to you!! Okay, if you choose to participate (remember, all participants are on the down-low, no publicity) we can safely assume that your Pollyana can cross Nutella of your "I want it/don't have it/don't know about it" list?

Barbara
  Re: Re: OT - C@H Pollyana Christmas Anyone? by BarbaraS (Wow Roxanne, you fou...)
I don't think I have much to offer, but I'm in. Like Roxanne, I'll give it some thought.

BTW, wouldn't it be cool if we could meet for our exchange?!?!?! Maybe one day!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT - C@H Pollyana Christmas Anyone? by Gourmet_Mom (I don't think I have...)
Count me in What a fun thing to do