Thai Mango Salad
  Re: (...)
This salad turned out to be the hit of dinner last night - thought I'd post it separately so it doesn't get lost. It's wonderful. I'll be darned, hadn't noticed it was a C@H recipe! All the better.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Thai Mango Salad

Serving Size: 4

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
salt -- to taste
1 fresh mango -- peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup jicama -- julienned
1/4 cups fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno -- sliced

Combine lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and salt in a bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar

Toss mango, jicama, cilantro, and jalapeno in the dressing. Serve at room temperature.

Description:
""Weeknight Menus II" - goes with the Pad Thai with Pork (see recipe) 1 point"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Bourbon and B.Sugar ribs had a different, but very good flavor to them. I forgot to put apple butter on my grocery list, so used a mixture of plum and peach jams in the glaze. Very good too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thai Mango Salad by cjs (This salad turned ou...)
THis is a really nice recipe---we really enjoyed it, too.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Thai Mango Salad by Roxanne 21 (THis is a really nic...)
This is stupidly off topic, but everytime I see the word "mango" I remember this friend from long ago who had decided to name her daughter "Margo". One of the nurses in the hospital misread the name tag and said to her, "Mango, what an interesting name!" They liked it so much, they actually changed the baby girls name to Mango. Now I wonder how she is doing. It was long ago and far away.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Thai Mango Salad by chef_Tab (This is stupidly off...)
Interesting is not the word I would have used...LOL! Poor thing, I wonder how she managed in school, and if she still uses that name?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thai Mango Salad by Gourmet_Mom (Interesting is not t...)
Well, in case some folks don't care for Mango, Sonja and i had too much to drink that night and we use papaya in the salad and it's wonderful!! So, now we know papaya or mango can be used. And she is making one of each for their Thanksgiving dinner....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com