Raneri's Pumpkin Cheesecake - NEW ONE!
  Re: (...)
Can't believe this one is better than his original, but guess we'll have to make it and see! He just posted this over on C2C, so guess it's o.k. to give it to his old friends here also.

Raneri's Pumpkin Cheesecake - NEW ONE!

Ingredients:
crust:
1 1/2 sleeve Cinnamon Graham Crackers
1/2 cup finely ground pecans
8 tbsp Butter (melted)
------
filling:
2 8 oz. Cream Cheese
4 Eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 can pumpkin (16oz)
1/4 cup Heavy cream
1 tsp Vanilla extract
spices for the filling:
1 in a mortar grind
2 whole cloves (or 1/8 tsp)
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ginger

In a food processor crumb the Graham crackers and put into a medium stainless steel bowl. Next grind your pecans until they are finely chopped and put them in the steel bowl. Mix well to incorporate the two together. Make a well in the center and pour in the melted butter. Make sure it is well mixed and all the butter is evenly distributed. Now pour into a 9" spring form pan and using a flexible spatula, press firmly to set your crust. Work from the center to the edges and then have the edges come up about 3/4" on all the way around. Then carefully set into the refrigerator to finish setting up.

Using a mixer beat the cream cheese until creamy and add in the granulated and brown sugar slowly. Make sure to scrap down the sides as you go. Now add your eggs one at a time until the mixture is light and fluffy. Next add your Pumpkin, spices, cream, vanilla and mix at low speed until all ingredients are incorporated. Pour mixture into your prepared pan.

Bake in the oven 325 degrees F for 1 hour 35 minutes in a bain marie. Let cool on a wire rack and then refrigerate.

Description:
"I know I haven't been around in a while, but I refer people to this wonderful resource all the time! I've been spending most of my time playing and tweaking in the kitchen and this recipe I am about to share is 'to die for'. Please give it a try.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Raneri's Pumpkin Cheesecake - NEW ONE! by cjs (Can't believe this o...)
Jean, this is the one I sent you...I just checked. But I guess if he posted it on the forum there, it's okay here. It really is a great cheesecake! I highly recommend it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Raneri's Pumpkin Cheesecake - NEW ONE! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, this is the on...)
BTW, I concocted a praline syrup for this if anyone's interested and just saw an idea for maple cream...just 3 to 1 whipped cream and syrup.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Raneri's Pumpkin Cheesecake - NEW ONE! by Gourmet_Mom (BTW, I concocted a p...)
Well, I guess I didn't copy all that he wrote 'cause he used some kind of squash instead of the pumpkin and he said it's selling like crazy!! I'll go back and see what he changed and where he wrote it! duh.

that praline syrup sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Raneri's Pumpkin Cheesecake - NEW ONE! by cjs (Well, I guess I didn...)
Jean, I just realized...I was looking for something to enhance the Pumpkin Cheesecake. My family LOVES my Praline Cheesecake and said they preferred that. I was so disappointed, I went for help at that other forum for ideas. I figured if I could combine the two flavors, maybe they'd be more receptive. Do you remember Max? (As you will see, I haven't made it in a while...LOL!) This is what he helped me come up with...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Praline Syrup

Recipe By :Max_Xavier
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sides and Sauces

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups dark corn syrup (That's what that bottle was for!)
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup pecans -- pieces
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon butter -- flavoring (I think I just used butter here.)

Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and water in a saucepot. Bring to a

boil; boil one minute. Reduce heat; stir in pecans, vanilla and butter flavoring; simmer 5

minutes.

S(Internet Address):
"http://forums.chef2chef.net/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=536882&Searchpage=1&Main=536850&Words=&topic=&Search=true#Post536882"
Daphne
  Re: Re: Raneri's Pumpkin Cheesecake - NEW ONE! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I just realize...)
Oh yes, I remember max. that does look good.
www.achefsjourney.com