New C@H - Slowcooker Recipes
  Re: (...)
Please forgive me if this is NOT new to you guys. But I just saw a C@H book I had never seen before! With slowcoooker menus. I think I would like to have that.

I do remember there was a thread with someone who was interested in slowcooker recipes recently. Is this why? I thought maybe she got a new (or her first) slowcooker.

If someone did buy this, can you post a review? I'd love to hear that someone has to say. I would be hoping, since the book is called Slowcooker Menus that it would have wonderful sides to go with the main meal. That's what I love about the Splended Soups book.

I should be able to be on here a lot more, my darling husband was kind enough to give me an early Christmas present. My own laptop for the kitchen! He is so sweet. I look up recipes all the time and have to go down to the cold basement everytime I look something up. My hands and feet get so cold, they are like ice cubes when I am done. Needless to say, it is not a pleasant experience and I don't stay long.

Everyone here is so nice and I always have a great experience and response from others. It always feels so homey here. Cooks/Chefs must be nice have kind hearts.
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: New C@H - Slowcooker Recipes by iCook (Please forgive me if...)
HI,
Mine just arrived. I looked through it and was not totally impressed. Will give a closer look after Thankgiving.
  Re: Re: New C@H - Slowcooker Recipes by piano226 (HI,[br]Mine just arr...)
I just got mine last week - was waiting for me when we got home from our trip.

These are the books I had waiting for me when I got home - we shipped some from Hawaii - no way they'd fit in the luggage....
[Image: NewBooks.jpg]

Glanced thru it and I like a lot of the side dish ideas and the main, both.

Cajun-Style chicken wings with cool lemon sauce
Five spice riblets with sweet & sour apricot sauce
manhattan clam chowder with scallion bread
Chicken tagine with coucous with apricot & mint

just a few to tempt ya'all

-----
Oh My Lord - I brought Sonja's book home with me!!!!!! Looking at the picture there are two The Hali'Imaile General Store Cookbook in the stack! She's going to kill me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New C@H - Slowcooker Recipes by cjs (I just got mine last...)
SLOWCOOKER JOURNAL????? How'd I miss that one----

I am not a big slow cooker fan but I will have a look/see.

Hope to see you again, Karen---soon???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: New C@H - Slowcooker Recipes by cjs (I just got mine last...)
Jean, I wondered about that! Saw two of the same book!

Karen, it will be fun to have your input more often! I also have a computer in the kitchen. I LOVE IT!

I have also been wondering about the C@H slow cooker book. I have been looking for it in stores and have not seen it yet - wanted to thumb trough it before deciding to purchase it - but I am sure I will buy it anyway. I will be looking forward to some of the reviews here.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: New C@H - Slowcooker Recipes by esgunn (Jean, I wondered ab...)
I did notice some familiar recipes altered to fit the slow cooking method - and I guess that's not really a bad thing.

New ones also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New C@H - Slowcooker Recipes by cjs (I did notice some fa...)
Oh, dear, Jean! You better get that book in the mail, quick! Now, which one are you going to cook from first? Have you had time to decide yet?

Coming home today to the smell of something cooking was really nice. I had considered giving my slow cooker to Baby Girl, but I may rethink that. It was really easy to put the dish together last night after dinner. I even got to wash the dishes I used to put it together. I put the liner in the fridge and William put it on to cook after he sent me off to school. I think I'll have to take a look at this one, also.

I'll have to brag on my hubby a little here. Not only did he do this, he wakes me up every morning, has coffee sitting on the BR sink when I get out of the shower, carries my bag, lunch box, and a glass of ice water out to the car for me, and gives me a kiss before sending me off. Isn't he a sweetheart! Today, he even blew off the deck and yard (we've got a REALLY BIG yard) and took out ALL the trash. I'm blessed!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New C@H - Slowcooker Recipes by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, dear, Jean! You...)
Yes, you are blessed and I think all of us around here are equally blessed - now wonder we are all so even-keeled people...well, most of the time.

Was it the brisket that was in the slow cooker? Mine is cooking now. I forgot we'd be gone for 3 days for Thanksgiving, so I'll cook it today and (taste of course) and freeze the rest up for when we come home. Bad timing. Boy, does it smell good!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New C@H - Slowcooker Recipes by cjs (Yes, you are blessed...)
Yep, that would be the one! It does smell soooo good! I'm about to go make my taters and the sauce. I'm just going to do some peas to go with. I'm thinking I might should have done two, though...it shrunk! And from the smell, I'm guessing we may eat it all tonight! I know, I'll fix extra taters! Even though my brisket was half the one Shannon (Oops, sorry Shannon) used, I kept the sauce/gravy ingredients the same. We LOVE gravy!

BTW, where you going...Tracie's?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New C@H - Slowcooker Recipes by Gourmet_Mom (Yep, that would be t...)
No, some friends who live here in Washington who we reconnected with a couple months ago and we haven't seen their daughter for 20 years - she will be there also. So, that will be lots of fun.
www.achefsjourney.com