french green bean question
  Re: (...)
One of my Thanksgiving duties this year is to make a green bean casserole. I bought 4 pounds of french green beans. They came in two pound bags that say "triple washed" on the front. The cooking directions say to drop the beans into boiling water and never mention trimming. I noticed one end of the bean has stem on it, now should I remove that?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: french green bean question by chef_Tab (One of my Thanksgivi...)
Personally, I would go through all the beans and rinse, pop off the stem end myself. There are liable to be beans you don't want included in the pan also. Always good to go thru them individually.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: french green bean question by cjs (Personally, I would ...)
Thanks, Jean, I always wash everything anyway, because I am so paranoid. Just wasn't sure if that little stem was normally left on.
Theresa

Re: Re: french green bean question by chef_Tab (Thanks, Jean, I alwa...)
We blanche and put in ice water before building the dish for the oven--do you? I think it keeeps it greener.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: french green bean question by Old Bay (We blanche and put i...)
Yes,Bill, those are the directions. I am using a recipe from C@H holiday menus cookbook. It sounds so good, I am looking forward to trying it myself. I expect to get some "turned up noses" from neices and nephews because of the mushrooms. More for the rest of us!
Theresa

Re: Re: french green bean question by chef_Tab (Yes,Bill, those are ...)
Theresa, please respond back on how you like it. I have seen that one and wondered.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.