lost recipe; leek bread pudding
  Re: (...)
I can't find my recipe for Leek bread Pudding. Can anyone please help me?
  Re: lost recipe; leek bread pudding by matymaty (I can't find my reci...)
I don't have this issue. But I'm sure someone who DOES have it, will be along soon and post it for you. To help them out, I'll post the info so they won't have to search for it.

Turkey Side Dishes: Leek Bread Pudding

Cuisine No. 30 (December 2001), pages 22-23

Old-fashioned dressing flavor with a new-fangled look.

BTW, welcome Matymaty! We would love for you to stick around and visit. There's some great cooks/chefs on here who love to talk about food and cooking. Please join in if you will.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: lost recipe; leek bread pudding by Gourmet_Mom (I don't have this is...)
Is THIS the one? Even if it isnt, it still sounds good.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: lost recipe; leek bread pudding by labradors (Is [url=http://www.f...)
"Parmesan-Leek Bread Pudding"
Oh, this is our favorite!! It makes nice individual molds also if you just dice up the bread a little smaller. We did this for a dinner while we were on our holiday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: lost recipe; leek bread pudding by matymaty (I can't find my reci...)
Quote:

I can't find my recipe for Leek bread Pudding. Can anyone please help me?

Leek Bread Pudding. Issue 30, page 22

Ingredients:
Makes 12 muffins
Drying time: 24 hours
Work time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes

The day before -
Stale
8 cups challah, cubed.

Thanksgiving Day -
Whisk together:
1 1/2 cups half abd half
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
3 eggs

Stir in; Pour over Bread;
1 cup swiss cheese, grated
2 T. fresh sage (7 or 8 leaves) sliced into thin strips
1 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. ground white pepper

Prepare: 6 leeks, trimmed, cleaned and sliced (about 4 cups)

Saute Leeks in" 4 T. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter.

Combine Leeks with Soaked bread; Bake.

To prepare leeks, first cut off and discard the root ends and the dark green leafy tops. Cut the leeks lengthwise, then wash well to remove and sand. Remove the yellow strip in each leek half - it's tough and hard to eat. Place leek on cutting board, cut side down, and thinly slice crosswise to create half-moons.

1. The day before baking, cut challah into 1/2" cubes; spread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Set bread out, uncovered for at least 24 so all its moisture evaporates. Do not oven dry.

2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place stale bread in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together half and half, broth, and eggs. Stir in cheese, sage, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over bread; toss gently with your hands. Set aside.

3. Melt butter in alarge saute pan over medium-medium high heat. Add the leeks and saute until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Transfer the leeks to the soaking bread mixture and toss gently to combine the ingredients.

4. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Fill each cup with enough bread mixture so it mounds on top (a measuring spoon makes a great scoop). Bake puddings until set and lightly brown, 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately.

Nutritional info per Muffin:

Calories 304;
Total Fat 15 g;
Calories from Fat 44 %;
Sodium 541 mg;
Carb 32 g.

I hope this was what you were looking for!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: lost recipe; leek bread pudding by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
See, what a great group we've got here?!?!

BTW, Barbara, this sounds mighty good! I'm glad I can't get challah here and don't have time to make any or I'd be making this, too! Sounds really yummy! There's always that Hawaiian bread....HMMMM?!?!?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: lost recipe; leek bread pudding by Gourmet_Mom (See, what a great gr...)
Daphne,

King's Hawaiian bread would be a little sweet, but would it be too sweet to be doable?

I one time did make Challah bread for my Jewish SIL and even braided it in a artistic braid. It came out lousy, but edible, and then her family taught me how to bake bacon. Go figure.

I love them! They ROCK!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.