Our... former... train station!
  Re: (...)
Well, here it is. Closing went "without a hitch" today, and life is good!

[Image: 2337248037_6a4f336ca9.jpg]
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Our... former... train station! by foodfiend (Well, here it is. C...)
Congratulations!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Our... former... train station! by Old Bay (Congratulations!!!! ...)
Bill, regarding your post on my garnish thread, it's so nice that your family business is now on its 3rd generation. And how lucky to have a good tenant in your building. We considered renting the train station, and came close once, but several things happened to make us question that decision. It really isn't easy to find people who respect a rental property! I guess it helps that yours is a professional, though.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Our... former... train station! by foodfiend (Bill, regarding your...)
It is. I think this is the end of our generational business--Bert is not married and will probably sell the business. That's fine--all things come to an end--and I had to put on a new roof this year, so how long does a near 100 yr old bldg last?? I've been lucky--you did well in the current market--I hope, in the next few years to do the same. Besides, remember, being a landlord is no fun!! (Good luck!! Our best to you both!!)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Our... former... train station! by Old Bay (It is. I think this ...)
What a great building! And congratulations on selling it!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Our... former... train station! by esgunn (What a great buildin...)
Vicci, congratulations on the sale. You are so lucky with today's market like it is! What a pretty building...I bet it was a bittersweet day.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Our... former... train station! by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci, congratulatio...)
good for you selling the bldg. What a cute little place to have a business. Lucky buyers. Lucky sellers!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Our... former... train station! by cjs (good for you selling...)
So happy for you! I know what a relief you must feel to have this behind you. Maybe I will be next!!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Our... former... train station! by chef_Tab (So happy for you! I ...)
Theresa, I'm crossing my fingers for you to get that house sold (so you and DH and the cats can finally buy one and stretch out a bit!!!)

It feels so good to have this off our minds. And it will be nice to not have to scrape-and-paint the darn thing every couple of years! I have enough to do with our house.
Vicci

my cooking adventures