Mystery Cookbooks
  Re: (...)
So I come into work this morning and on my desk are 3 cookbooks. One I am very excited about Julia and Jacque Cooking at Home. Another is on garnishes and Hors d'Oeuvres, and the other called The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook.

No note, nothing written inside. They've all be very gently used (acutally probably just looked thru). No email or voicemail either.

I hope the mystery giver appears because I'd really like to say thank you
  Re: Mystery Cookbooks by DFen911 (So I come into work ...)
AHHHH!!!! The Silver Palate??????? That's AWESOME!!!!!

That's one I don't have-------GREAT cookbooks!

The mystery person will .......what ever he/she wants to reveal!

You are one LUCKY gal, Denise-----sure wish I knew someone like that------- Have fun with your new books----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Mystery Cookbooks by Roxanne 21 (AHHHH!!!! The Silve...)
It's started already????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mystery Cookbooks by cjs (It's started already...)
"It's started already????????" Has what started? You're not talking about the Pollyanna (or whatever) thing are you? I got the impression someone at her work put the books on her desk.

Congratulations, Denise! I wish I had a mystery giver! How cool!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mystery Cookbooks by Gourmet_Mom ("It's started alread...)
Well finally found out just as I was leaving the office at 5:30. I went up front to lock up and the office manager was there. I told her goodnight and let her know that everything in back was all secure. She said "Oh great thanks, and enjoy the books". I stopped and looked at her "You left those?" "yeah I can't use em, only bought cause I thought reading them would make me want to cook, but I don't understand half the terms in them. I've had em for years and thought Denise could really use them and enjoy them." I told her how much I loved em and thanked her. I said you didn't leave a note or anything! I would have thanked her straight away. She just laughed said Oh it's no biggie. I knew you'd enjoy them and that was enough.

I am just now delving into the Silver Palate. Some great recipes in here
  Re: Re: Mystery Cookbooks by DFen911 (Well finally found o...)
The Silver Palate has my favorite mussels recipe. Has fennel and red bell pepper in a butter wine sauce. I serve it over a little spaghetti with plenty of bread for the sauce.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Mystery Cookbooks by Dismc (The Silver Palate ha...)
oh...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com