Saturday, Nov. 28th Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Finally, we can have the brisket (Shannon's?? there goes the mind again) that I slow cooked before we left for Thanksgiving. Had to taste and freeze. My mashed potatoes are done and in the freezer also, so will be an easy dinner, that's for sure.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday, Nov. 28th Dinner? by cjs (Finally, we can have...)
I am still pretty full from Thanksgiving ;-) But I think tonight will be salmon, because I have so much in the freezer. I will check back here later for ideas for sides.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday, Nov. 28th Dinner? by chef_Tab (I am still pretty fu...)
I'm trying to decide if I want to play with turkey or do something NOT turkey related. I'll be bake later...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday, Nov. 28th Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm trying to decide...)
Quote:

I'll be bake later...LOL!

After a few drinks, I'll be baked later too, Daphne......teehee
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday, Nov. 28th Dinner? by chef_Tab ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm right with ya'all there!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday, Nov. 28th Dinner? by cjs (I'm right with ya'al...)
And I'm not even baked....yet!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday, Nov. 28th Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (And I'm not even bak...)
We're going basic--pork chops, fresh corn, blackeyed peas, cornbread, and mustard/turnip greens (combination). Yum, I'm already talking more slowly!! Oh my We are watching the South Carolina Gamecocks play at Clemson. My little SC wife is rooting for Clemson--(I'm playing devil's advocate). My week can't get any better--The University of Texas whipped Texas A&M Thursday.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday, Nov. 28th Dinner? by Old Bay (We're going basic--p...)
Okay, I'm bake! I've decided to do a take on Erin's Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna. I'm adding some spinach in there somehow and there will brobably be a mix of cheeses. A little wine, spring greens with a balsamic vinaigrette, and freshly baked bread will round out the meal. Now that I've made that decision, I think it's time to pop a cork!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday, Nov. 28th Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, I'm bake! I'v...)
I just popped the cork of one of our wine club bottles from Tobin James winery in California - an '07 Dusi vineyard Zin that is so good it makes you wanna kick your mama.

So, here we go for the evening, MS Daphne. have fun.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday, Nov. 28th Dinner? by cjs (I just popped the co...)
Well today is Laura's 20th birthday So it's her dinner choice. Roasted red pepper and tomato soup, foccacia bread and Maytag bleu cheese salad with pears and candied walnuts.