Ultimate Green Bean Casserole review
  Re: (...)
I was asked to bring a green bean casserole to the Thanksgiving feast. I have never made one before, and do not really care for them. I prefer my green beans steamed with a bit of butter. I made the recipe from the Holiday Menus cookbook. I ate some and did like it, but still prefer my beans done more simply. I did get rave reviews from several family members, so if you do like green bean casseroles, you may want to give this a try. It is basically putting together blanched beans, bechamel, herbed cream cheese, and sauteed mushrooms and onions. The recipe took me a lot longer than the given estimate, but I did quadruple it. If I were to make a change, I would saute the garlic with the mushrooms and onions rather than processing it with the cream cheese. I had so many requests for the recipe that I have to say it was a hit. I used hericot verts and I think they also contributed to the success. They did not get mushy or lost in all the other flavors going on.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Ultimate Green Bean Casserole review by chef_Tab (I was asked to bring...)
hmmmm, don't know if we'll go there...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ultimate Green Bean Casserole review by cjs (hmmmm, don't know if...)
I'll pass this on to Baby Girl...she LOVES the stuff and insisted on Mom making some of the canned stuff for turkey day...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.