freezing lasagna with fresh mozzeralla???
  Re: (...)
Can someone please tell me if you can freeze the chicken alfredo lasagna that is made with fresh mozzarella? I am hoping to make 2-3 lasagnas ahead of time for my daughter birthday. I have 6 month old twins and just can not make the night before.
  Re: freezing lasagna with fresh mozzeralla??? by JWadowsky (Can someone please t...)
I have not frozen that particular recipe, but I HAVE frozen the 8 Layer Lasagna with fresh mozzeralla, an "Old Italian" recipe for lasagna with fresh, and I just put in a Turkey Cordon Blue Lasagna with Swiss. I did not hesitate with the one with Swiss, because the other two turned out perfect! GO FOR IT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: freezing lasagna with fresh mozzeralla??? by JWadowsky (Can someone please t...)
I'm not sure, but I can't see why not, if it's wrapped well.
On the other hand, how far in advance do you need to make them? The chicken in that one is already cooked, so maybe it can just stay in the fridge for a day or two?
Cis
Empress for Life
Quote:

Can someone please tell me if you can freeze the chicken alfredo lasagna that is made with fresh mozzarella? I am hoping to make 2-3 lasagnas ahead of time for my daughter birthday. I have 6 month old twins and just can not make the night before.

If you have a few days why not wrap and freeze a small mozarella ball overnite, thaw it the next day and see how it behaves--you would know what to expect.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: freezing lasagna with fresh mozzeralla??? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
It'll work great!! 6 month old twins - you really need to do this!! Happy early birthday to your little daughter!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com