Dec. 1st!!! What's For Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What are you all up to?

We're having hot dogs with 2 of the smaller baguettes I made yesterday. have a lot of recipes for toppings for hot dogs, will have to go thru and see which makes me the hungriest.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dec. 1st!!! What's For Dinner? by cjs (What are you all up ...)
We will be having T-bones on the grill, a salad and some brown and serve dinner rolls. I wish I were making the Crusty French Bread. Maybe I will just freeze the brown and serve rolls and try the bread instead. I am still unpacking so I will see how ambitious I am.
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: Re: Dec. 1st!!! What's For Dinner? by iCook (We will be having T-...)
Welcome back, Karen! How was your trip?

Dinner tonight will be whatever my daughter decides to make. Ron went deer hunting in Pa. so I spend a lot of time with my girls and also with my dad. Heather is cooking tonight. Oh, and yes, Ron did get his deer yesterday morning, so there will be a lot of venison this winter!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dec. 1st!!! What's For Dinner? by Mare749 (Welcome back, Karen!...)
Whoopee!! Good for Ron.

T-bones - oh my, grilled, sounds so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dec. 1st!!! What's For Dinner? by Mare749 (Welcome back, Karen!...)
Hi Maryann! The trip was nice. Lots of family, lots of driving. We kind of try to get everyone together every couple of years sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This helps relieve the pressures of the holiday rush. Most of us have older kids and some have grandkids and other extended families. We don't do any gift giving, just conversation and evening cocktails.

We were very happy to go, but We are very happy to be home.
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: Re: Dec. 1st!!! What's For Dinner? by iCook (Hi Maryann! The trip...)
I'm making a new recipe I found on Epicurious - turkey cutlets with dried cranberries, brussel sprouts and sage. Only I'm using chicken. Baked sweet potatoes on the side.
  Re: Re: Dec. 1st!!! What's For Dinner? by Trixxee (I'm making a new rec...)
Glad you had a good trip, Karen! Still, it's always good to come home...

Yes, Jean, we will have a lot of steaks, since that is mostly what they cut, then some stew meat, and the rest is ground. Ron likes the "preacher's meat" just cooked in butter and a little s&p, with sauteed onions and mashed potatoes. I discovered last year that I could pound out the steaks and make braciole with it, with homemade sauce and spaghetti.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dec. 1st!!! What's For Dinner? by Mare749 (Glad you had a good ...)
Oh Maryann - that all sounds so good! Your household will be eatin' high off the hog this winter - so to speak.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dec. 1st!!! What's For Dinner? by cjs (Oh Maryann - that al...)
Gosh I totally wigged out. I have no clue
  Re: Re: Dec. 1st!!! What's For Dinner? by DFen911 (Gosh I totally wigge...)
I was moping around, kinds uninspired, when I notice the abundance of basil in the Aerogrow

Now I have an idea, pesto spread on the Crunchy bread! Maybe a quickie soup? Long shift again today so just cooking small amts of stuff......except the bread
Cis
Empress for Life