Reheating Bread
  Re: (...)
I know, I'm usually pretty good about searches, but I couldn't find it on three separate searches, and I'm running out of time. PLUS I have some school work to do.

A while back there was a discussion about reheating baked bread. Two or three members agreed that "this" was the way their grandmother used to reheat bread in the oven and how crispy and freshly baked it tasted. I want to think a wet tea towel or something was part of the trick. ANYBODY!?!?!? BUELLER...BUELLER!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Reheating Bread by Gourmet_Mom (I know, I'm usually ...)
"heat the bread in a 375F. oven on foil that has been opened for 10-15 minutes or for extra crunchy bread, take the bread off the foil and heat for the last 5 minutes directly on the oven rack. You do not need to defrost the bread."
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Reheating Bread by cjs ("heat the bread in a...)
Oh, okay, it was for frozen bread...mine's not frozen. I think I'll spritz it or add ice to my pan in the bottom of the oven and toss on the rack in a preheated oven. We'll see.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Reheating Bread by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, okay, it was for...)
I think it's an either or thing - frozen or not.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Reheating Bread by Gourmet_Mom (I know, I'm usually ...)
I just sprinkle the crust lightly with water and bake it at 350 until it's nice and crusty again.
  Re: Re: Reheating Bread by bvnaab (I just sprinkle the ...)
and then there is my mother's way - put it in a garbage (should say 'grocery')sack, sprinkle with water and heat in a 350 oven till hot.

Cr*p, just looked at the date on this - how'd the bread turn out Daphne????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Reheating Bread by cjs (and then there is my...)
It worked fine! I need to make some bread this weekend. It's gonna be too hot soon. I was just thinking about making some popcorn bread for buns and 'mater sammies and some Crispy Country. Now that I know the reheating method works, I won't mind making a big batch of both and freezing most of it.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Reheating Bread by Gourmet_Mom (It worked fine! I n...)
I just put it on my pizza stone after the oven is heated to 350. I spray the top lightly and let it heat.

HHmm I think it's time for the 18 hour loaves again folks Sundried tomato and basil perhaps.
  Re: Re: Reheating Bread by DFen911 (I just put it on my ...)
Funny, but I was just thinking the same thing, Denise. That combination sounds delicious! Must try.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Reheating Bread by Mare749 (Funny, but I was jus...)
Ok gonna start a batch when I get back from picking up Laura...it's wierd but I got to thinking a skosh of lime zest and cilantro.