OT - Posts Being Marked Read??
  Re: (...)
Hey Mods,

I would really like to know if it's possible for a couple things:

1. When you have been logged on and kept the sign-on feature, and then I've navigated to another webpage with IE version 7.0, I lose all my unmarked read posts. They get marked read when I haven't read them. Is this a chat website software thing or MS IE problem, or a setting the Mods can make?

2. I would like some sort of icon to know if I've posted in a thread. I know this is availabele, I've seen it at other sites. The thread is marked with a black spot on the upper left of the thread title, or whatever. Can we do this here so I know when to dread the next morning on a PUI?*

Barbara

p.s. *PUTI* = Posting Under <the> Influence :{
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: OT - Posts Being Marked Read?? by BarbaraS (Hey Mods,[br][br]I w...)
I don't know if I understand the first one, but the other one....

"Can we do this here so I know when to dread the next morning on a PUI?*"

THAT'S FUNNY! And one that I have experienced a time or two in the past...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT - Posts Being Marked Read?? by Gourmet_Mom (I don't know if I un...)
"*PUTI* = Posting Under <the> Influence" - gee, never been there, myself...

Will check with the gurus...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - Posts Being Marked Read?? by cjs ("*PUTI* = Posting Un...)
Sorry for the delayed response....I'll answer as best I can.

1. When you have been logged on and kept the sign-on feature, and then I've navigated to another webpage with IE version 7.0, I lose all my unmarked read posts. They get marked read when I haven't read them. Is this a chat website software thing or MS IE problem, or a setting the Mods can make?

ANSWER - unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this. It's not a problem with your browser, it's a limitation of the forum software. Whenever you visit the site, the site assumes that you've checked all the unread posts. When you leave the site, it assumes that you've read the posts that interest you and marks everything as read. Again, nothing we can do to change that.

2. I would like some sort of icon to know if I've posted in a thread. I know this is availabele, I've seen it at other sites. The thread is marked with a black spot on the upper left of the thread title, or whatever. Can we do this here so I know when to dread the next morning on a PUI?*

ANSWER - There is no automated icon that appears on a post when you contribute to it. However, there are 3 options that may prove useful to you. They are:

A) In the bottom left corner of the post pages, there is a link called "Favorite Topic! (toggle)". This allows you to add a post to your favorites. Posts that are added to your favorites will show up on in the "My Home" link that you see at the top of the page. When you reply to a post, simply add it to your favorites and you can track it easily.

B) You can also click on the "Remind Me" link that is below each post. The link is in the "Post Extras" and is the little hand with a string wrapped around the index finger. Clicking that link with add that post to your Reminders which also appear in the "My Home" link at the top of the page.

C) The final option is (in my opinion) the easiest. You can find a post that you've contributed to, and then click on your username to the left. On the subsequent page, you can click on "Show All User's Posts". This will give you a list of every post that you've ever made.

Oh, and there is one final option. At the top of every page is a link called "Active Topics". Click on this link to see topics that have been replied to in the last 24 hours.

Perhaps not the answers you're looking for, but I hope that all helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Brian
  Re: Re: OT - Posts Being Marked Read?? by Brian (Sorry for the delaye...)
Brian,

Thanks for your response!

I think the best option for me is to not PUI!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: OT - Posts Being Marked Read?? by BarbaraS (Brian,[br][br]Thanks...)
Thanks Brian!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com