Dinner - DEC. 3rd!?
  Re: (...)
Before I get to dinner for tonight (not exciting anyway, just leftovers...) I need to post about a breading I did for the red snapper last night. I had a couple of pkgs. of different goodies in the freezer; combined them for a coating and it's a wonderful combination.

cornflakes
rice krispies
toasted walnuts
whole wheat flour
parmesan

My, is that nice combination - and just had a sandwich (with those thin little sanwich rounds from Costco you all got us hooked on) and l/o fish piece. YUM!! condiment was a little Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce mixed with ketchup & tabasco. another YUM!

What are you all up to for dinner?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - DEC. 3rd!? by cjs (Before I get to dinn...)
Making ham, provolone and salami paninis with a caper relish.
  Re: Re: Dinner - DEC. 3rd!? by Trixxee (Making ham, provolon...)
"ham, provolone and salami" oh my, sounds so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner - DEC. 3rd!? by cjs ("ham, provolone and ...)
You know, I haven't done a "pressed" sandwich in quite a while. Need to do that again.

Jean, that breading sounds good! I've tried the cornflakes, but hadn't thought of rice krispies. Cool idea!

I've got some more school work to do tonight...progress reports due next Tuesday and I don't want to work on it this weekend...SOOOO We're having hotdogs with homemade chili and fries.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner - DEC. 3rd!? by Gourmet_Mom (You know, I haven't ...)
Today is Cousin Roy's birthday and Vicki and I are cooking him a big birthday dinner. It's a snowing cold day - and it's a perfect day to toss a huge pork roast in the oven. I gave Vicki a yeast lesson (she's great with cookies, pies, cakes, etc. but yeast challenged) - Custard Rich Rolls. They're rising beautifully. She's made Strudle (very thin dough with butter and onions, rolled, sliced, and cooked with fried potatoes, and a beautiful gingerbread. I've got to come up with a veggie - not sure what yet.

Bob and John are doing some serious winterizing. It's supposed to get down to "0" tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner - DEC. 3rd!? by Harborwitch (Today is Cousin Roy'...)
It's just leftovers for us tonight. Ron will have what's left of the pork chops and scalloped potatoes and I'm going to have some split pea soup that I made the other day. We have leftover Macaroni Grill bread to toast, and my mom's bourbon pound cake that I made yesterday. Boy, the flavor sure goes through that nicely by the second day. Ron was eating it for breakfast this morning!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner - DEC. 3rd!? by Mare749 (It's just leftovers ...)
" Ron was eating it for breakfast this morning! " OMG, Maryann, that's hilarious! GEEZ! I've been meaning to make some split pea soup! I'm the only one that likes it, so I think I'll make a big batch Saturday and freeze it in little containers just for me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner - DEC. 3rd!? by Mare749 (It's just leftovers ...)
Nothing like a shot of bourbon in your breakfast cake, huh Maryann? It reminds me that the day after Thanksgiving, our hosts did not have any creamer for the coffee, so I used the creme anglaise I had brought for the pies, forgetting I had added rum to it! Boy did everyone tease me about drinking in the morning.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner - DEC. 3rd!? by chef_Tab (Nothing like a shot ...)
I'll bet that was tasty!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."