Lost Recipe
  Re: (...)
I've been getting Cuisine at Home for years, and I recently stumbled across this forum. I didn't want my first post to be a request, but unfortunately today I realized I am missing one of my issues. Within that issue is a recipe I already put on the menu for a party on Saturday, and most of the people coming are looking forward to it.

The dish is called Chicken Bistro Cakes. If I remember right, it's in either late 2006, or early 2007. I don't need the recipe for the marinara sauce since I use a different sauce, but I would really appreciate it if someone could dig this up for me.

Thanks Much
  Re: Lost Recipe by NathanB (I've been getting Cu...)
Welcome to the forum, Nathan. Many of us, including me, started here with a request. Unfortunately, I only started getting C@H in 2008 so I do not have the issue with the recipe you need. Any minute, someone will come along to help you though. This is a wonderful, giving group. I hope to see you on in the future.

As a side note, I have never been to Minnesota, but have been a Viking fan since the mid 70's. I just loved Fran Tarkenton.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by chef_Tab (Welcome to the forum...)
Is this the one? It's from Weeknight menus and Billy posted it and we made it for a dinner review also.

Here's the review: http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post52792

Chicken Bistro Cakes
(Weeknight Menus, p. 11)

Makes: 10 Cakes Total Time: 45 Minutes with Chilling Rating: Easy

Saute in 3 T. Unsalted Butter; Cool:
1 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced

Add; Stir in; Form; Chill:
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 T. chopped fresh sage
1 T. chopped fresh thyme
1 1/2 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. black pepper
4 eggs, beaten

Fry in:
4 T. olive oil, divided

Preheat oven to 200°.

Saute onion and celery in butter in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat to soften. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.

Add chicken, bread crumbs, and seasonings; stir in the eggs. Form cakes using a packed 1/3-cup measuring cup, lightly pressing to make a 3" cake. Transfer to a parchment-lined and floured baking sheet; chill 15 minutes. Dust cakes with flour.

Fry cakes in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat in 2 batches, using 2 T. oil per batch. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes; flip and fry 1-2 more minutes. Keep warm in oven.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by cjs (Is this the one? It'...)
I've been meaning to make these!

Welcome to C@H Forum - thanks for requesting this one, I'll be sure to make them next week.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by Harborwitch (I've been meaning to...)
Welcome to the forum, Nathan. Hope you stop in to visit again. We have a great group of people here. Also, thanks for requesting this recipe. I have that one marked and forgot to make it when Billy gave it a good review.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by Mare749 (Welcome to the forum...)
I checked in on this thread and forgot to add my welcome, Nathan! A lot of people got here by way of a request. Unfortunately, few stay. I hope you will join us. We're gearing up for a new Dinner Review...check it out! We'd love to have you join us. You have several weeks to make the recipes before we meet up to review! I hope you will! We love new people...fresh ideas and new recipes!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (I checked in on this...)
Hi, Nathan. Welcome to the forum! Love that recipe. Hope your party is a great success. What else are you serving?
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by HomeCulinarian (Hi, Nathan. Welcome...)
Welcome to the forum, Nathan. Glad you requested the recipe. That has piqued my interest, so now I'll have to try this soon. Don't just "recipe and run," though. Please continue to join other discussions here, and add to the fun!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Sorry - welcome, Nathan!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by cjs (Sorry - welcome, Nat...)
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it, and thanks for the warm welcome. For those of you who haven't tried them, they are cheap, easy and pretty good. I've found they work better as an appetizer, with smaller cakes. In my opinion, when making them as big as the recipe calls, they are a tad too much. 2 2" cakes is just right.

I am also making spinach balls, 5 cheese queso w/chips and mini pulled pork quesadillas, mini pepperjack burgers on ciabatta with a roasted red pepper aioli, and 4-5 dips/cheese balls etc. Kind of a clean out the freezer sort of spread.

The dinner review sounds great. I make quite a few of the cuisine at home recipes and I would love to contribute.