Snowing on Bill & Jane????
  Re: (...)
I hear Texas is getting rare, early snow!! You all O.K.???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Snowing on Bill & Jane???? by cjs (I hear Texas is gett...)
We had a heavy snow yesterday, in 36 degree weather, so all ours melted when it touched down. Ironically, some parts of Houston (70 miles south) got 2-4 inches and the temp dropped below freezing--still on the ground this morning.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Snowing on Bill & Jane???? by Old Bay (We had a heavy snow ...)
Oh, how pretty! I bet the kids in school went crazy! Even if we get a light "shower" I loose all ability to keep their attention since it's so rare here. I'm glad you guys are okay. It can be really pretty but can cause some serious problems, especially if your area doesn't get snow very often.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Snowing on Bill & Jane???? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, how pretty! I b...)
It's almost 20 here this morning. There's about 2" of snow on the ground. Supposed to be getting below 0 this week. The guys got most of the skirting done - at least on the important sides. It's 67 in the trailer and nice and toasty.

All of those in areas not used to snow seem to have more problems. We've been picking brains - Cousin Roy and Uncle Harold - gotta get snow tires for the front of the van, and a block heater for it. Bob's got all his outdoor gear - I'm next. Then heavier sweaters for the dogs, and little booties (like I think they'll really leave those on! ).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Snowing on Bill & Jane???? by Harborwitch (It's almost 20 here ...)
Sharon, it sounds like you guys are getting along well with your winter preparations. I'm guessing the pups will want the booties after going out in those freezing temps a time or two!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Snowing on Bill & Jane???? by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, it sounds li...)
You'd think.
  Re: Re: Snowing on Bill & Jane???? by Harborwitch (You'd think. [img]...)
We had to turn the outside water off early this year, but it's down in the 20s-30s the last few nights and the water pipes are not buried very deep around this area.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Snowing on Bill & Jane???? by cjs (We had to turn the o...)
Sewer and water lines run 8' underground here, then for the section that runs up into the mobile we have electric heat tape. The lines are then all covered with insulation up under the mobile.

The lines, the pump, and the pressure tank are all in the pump room under the farmhouse - an electric "milk house" heater will (hopefully) keep the the pump room above freezing. Brrrrrrr.
  Re: Re: Snowing on Bill & Jane???? by Harborwitch (Sewer and water line...)
Snow in Texas... who'd of thought?!?!

19 degrees here this morning-- brrrrr! The snow is pretty, but when we walked out of the arena after a hockey game last night, it was a shock! Gotta deal with it, now, until March...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Snowing on Bill & Jane???? by foodfiend (Snow in Texas... who...)
Well, we got snow last night too! I hadn't heard any news (nor did I read the paper) yesterday, so didn't even know it was expected. Really early for it!
www.achefsjourney.com