Monday Dinner - 12/7?
  Re: (...)
I had a lot of topping ingredients left over from making sheet pan size pizza Saturday night (the Gorgonzola and beef), so they will morph into twice baked potatoes and a salad.

what's on everyone else's menu?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday Dinner - 12/7? by cjs (I had a lot of toppi...)
Chili made with ground venison. Didn't use it yesterday, pizza sounded better while watching the Cavs.

Was thinking of trying pineapple crisp with canned pineapple. I did it once before, but can't remember if it turned out as well as with fresh.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 12/7? by Mare749 (Chili made with grou...)
No ideas, yet. Just that I have a lot of cilantro, guess I'll have to go from there. Any suggestions??
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 12/7? by farnfam (No ideas, yet. Just...)
Today's our only free day, so I'm cooking for the week. The ham bone for limas bean soup is simmering. I have the veg cut for spaghetti sauce and will thaw some meatballs. The country style pork ribs will go in the oven soon. Will probably put a rub on them and roast some vegetables alongside them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 12/7? by Lorraine (Today's our only fre...)
hey Cis, here's something off the wall - especially if you have some soup to go with. Got this somewhere and I have it sitting on the counter to make.

"make with leftover chicken:
Take the chicken and shred it. Put it in a plastic container or ziploc bag, take some BBQ sauce of your choice and shake it until well coated.

Take a flour tortilla, slather mayonnaise on it and place on a hot griddle (mayo side down).

Quickly place pieces of shredded BBQ chicken, thinly sliced red onion, shredded cilantro and any shredded white cheese of your choice (Monterey jack, mozzarella, etc.).

Spread mayonnaise on another tortilla and place (mayo side up) on top of the grilling quesadilla.

Using a big pancake turner, flip the whole thing over and grill the other side.

Cut into wedges with a pizza cutter and sit back and listen to the compliments."

For some reason this just struck my fancy...altho, I probably would use one tortilla and fold it over; heck of a lot easier to flip.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 12/7? by cjs (hey Cis, here's some...)
This could work, I was leaning toward chicken enchiladas, perhaps I could incorporate the two. Thanx
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 12/7? by farnfam (This could work, I w...)
I'm making stir fry with pork tenderloin, tangerines and baby bok choy.
  Re: Monday Dinner - 12/7? by cjs (I had a lot of toppi...)
We are finally going to have the tofu soba noodle soup. We got waylaid twice so tonight's the night. It is Mister's birthday - he has already said 'what a nice menu'!! I did stop by Fresh Market and get a single piece of truffle napoleon cake for dessert. Neither of us are big on sweets so making that would be wasteful (unless those hoards of children came over)
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 12/7? by (We are finally going...)
Happy Birthday to Mister, Sonja!! Hope it's a great one.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 12/7? by cjs (Happy Birthday to Mi...)
Thanks a bunch, Jean, he is out right now looking for some sort of large cooking/grilling/smoking contraption to add to his collection!! We are going to have to expand our patio area soon.