Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce Review
  Re: (...)
We made the Pan-roasted Pork Chops with Berry Sauce and Mashed Sweet Potatoes on the side from the CAH Weeknight Menus Vol 2 last night. I'd been passing this one over and decided to give it a try because I had some sweet potatoes to use up plus I had a pork loin in the freezer. It went together quickly and we loved it! Also made a green salad to go with it.
  Re: Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce Review by HomeCulinarian (We made the Pan-roas...)
Jeannette - that looks so good. Thanks, I hadn't even dog-eared the page on it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce Review by cjs (Jeannette - that loo...)
That sounds wonderful!
  Re: Re: Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce Review by Trixxee (That sounds wonderfu...)
Hmmm...just looked up the recipe. Now I'm conflicted. I think I'd rather make this with my pork tenderloin than the stir fry!
  Re: Re: Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce Review by Trixxee (Hmmm...just looked u...)
Why we never should set our dinner menus in cement...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce Review by cjs (Why we never should ...)
Thanks for the review Jeanette. I'm still not completely sold on sweet with savory, but I have had some that were pretty good. I'll give it a look-see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce Review by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the revie...)
Daphne - it's not sweet, we don't care for sweet/savory either. There is only 1 T of brown sugar in the berry sauce, otherwise, it has red wine, shallots, balsamic and beef broth. The sweet potatoes have s&p, butter, and lemon juice.
  Re: Re: Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce Review by HomeCulinarian (Daphne - it's not sw...)
Thanks for the clarifications, Jeanette! That DOES sound good. I'll have to check and see if I got that volume. If not, I may be back. This may be on the menu later this week. I love red wine, shallots, balsamic, and beef broth together...YUM!

Shoot, I only have Volumes One and Three...how did that happen, I wonder? If you get a chance, could you post the recipe in the next couple of days?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce Review by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the clari...)
Here you go...

Pan Roasted Pork Chops with Berry Sauce
2 T olive oil
4 boneless pork chops, 1/2" thick, halved crosswise, seasoned with s&p (1 lb.)
1 T shallots, minced
1/4 cup dry red wine
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup beef broth
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 T brown sugar
1 T unsalted butter
S&P to taste
Garnish - chopped parsley & lemon wedges

Saute pork chops in oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a plate and keep warm; return pan to burner. Add shallots and saute 30 seconds, stirring constantly.

Deglaze with wine and simmer until nearly evaporated. Stir in blueberries, broth, vinegar, and brown sugar; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until blueberries begin to burst and sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes (always takes longer for me!)

Off heat, stir in butter and season with salt and pepper. To serve, place a mound of sweet potatoes on each plate, spoon some of the sauce on the potatoes, then top with pork chops. Garnish with parsley and lemons.

Mashed Sweet Potatoes (Makes 4 cups)

2 # sweet potatoes, peeled, diced (7 cups)
3 T unsalted butter
Juice of 1/2 lemon
S&P to taste

Boil potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, return potatoes to the pan, and dry briefly over medium heat, stirring constantly. Mash with butter and lemon juice using potato masher or electric mixer. Season with salt and pepper.
  Re: Re: Pork Chops w/ Blueberry Sauce Review by HomeCulinarian (Here you go...[br][b...)
Thanks Jeanette! This looks really good. I'll be making this really soon.
Daphne