Dinner - Dec. 10th?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to for tonight??

We have so many leftovers, I won't be able to cook for 3 or 4 days. The other night I made a chuck roast smothered in onions and I made about 3/4 of Billy's dinner last night, so we're set for a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - Dec. 10th? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
The plan is chicken paillard with quinoa and a salad.
I already know what the birthday girl is doing!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner - Dec. 10th? by chef_Tab (The plan is chicken ...)
Today is teenage daughter's 20th birthday... so I guess I need to find another reference for her!

Her order is steak salad from my old Soupcon II cookbook. It's steak cut in 1" pieces tossed in herbs and quick fried in butter. Then the dressing is mayo based with dill pickles, spinach and other things. You put some Boston lettuce on each serving plate and top with black olives, avocado slices, steak and the dressing.
[Image: Soupcon2-l.jpg]

For dessert she's ordered the Chocolate Espresso Torte - her fave. I got a late start on it last night and used strong coffee instead of the espresso. We'll see if it makes a difference on taste.

These choices are waaaaay off my food plan, and I know I'll enjoy every bite!
  Re: Dinner - Dec. 10th? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
Southwest marinated chuck eye steaks - grilled, and C@H Carribean black beans. YUM!

I'm going to have to try and remember what issue it is in. MC was on the computer that died. I have a back up - just no where to load it yet...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Dec. 10th? by esgunn (Southwest marinated ...)
Something we rarely do - pizza delivery. I'll make a green salad with beets, bleu cheese and spicy pecans too.
  Re: Re: Dinner - Dec. 10th? by Trixxee (Something we rarely ...)
I'm doing the Pork Chops with Blueberry Sauce with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.