A Cool and Totally Different Appy
  Re: (...)
Cruising around FoodGawkers and came across this cool recipe, I added some chopped crispy bacon and it made an awesome appy

http://www.purplefoodie.com/2009/12/spic...rapes.html
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: A Cool and Totally Different Appy by farnfam (Cruising around Food...)
That's weird... this doesn't show up on the Cooking page...only on the Main Page right now. (OK, there it is...strange.)

ANYWAY...This looks like a GREAT thing to add to my meat and cheese board for Christmas Eve! LOTS better than just grapes! Thanks Cis!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Cool and Totally Different Appy by Gourmet_Mom (That's weird... this...)
How on earth would you serve that though?
  Re: Re: A Cool and Totally Different Appy by DFen911 (How on earth would y...)
a pick?

how interesting is that! there's so many way to play with those little grapes - what about small cubes of Feta (or blue) added to the syrup, smoked duck cubes.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Cool and Totally Different Appy by cjs (a pick?[br][br]how i...)
Oh duck!! Jean that's brillant and make little skewers!
  Re: Re: A Cool and Totally Different Appy by DFen911 (Oh duck!! Jean that'...)
Cis, I'm so hungry for this now!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Cool and Totally Different Appy by cjs (Cis, I'm so hungry f...)
Oh, the Feta! YUM! Although, I'm guessing the gang will wind up dipping all the cheese in there....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Cool and Totally Different Appy by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, the Feta! YUM! ...)
Yum for the duck cubes! You could serve them as canapés: "Quackers on Crackers"!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A Cool and Totally Different Appy by labradors (Yum for the duck cub...)
Wow, didn't I just see that on Plats du Jour online?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: A Cool and Totally Different Appy by BarbaraS (Wow, didn't I just s...)
duck with grapes?? I didn't see that one.
www.achefsjourney.com