I think I have a great idea!
  Re: (...)
OH I'm so proud of myself! I've been thinking of how to make things easier for the girls as we'll be traveling to visit them for Christmas. Mornings are hardest, they all have to get up and get ready for work almost everyday of our visit.
So, I think I will make a couple of loaves of raisin bread. I found a great recipe with cinnamon nut swirl on FoodGawker (they should pay me for the plugs LOL).
Raisin bread can wait on the counter and then in the morning, be toasted, buttered, etc. A great on the go breakers for them and waiting for us whenever we decide to get up too. Home cooking, but fast food
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: I think I have a great idea! by farnfam (OH I'm so proud of m...)
While applauding your idea, I had a thought. I know....dangerous, right?

While this might not help with your situation, Cis, I got to thinking about the slow cooker. Has anybody explored a slow cooker recipe for a bread pudding, breakfast casserole, quiche, or strata that you put in the slow cooker at bedtime and is ready when you get up? That would be really cool!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I think I have a great idea! by Gourmet_Mom (While applauding you...)
Yes, I have two breakfast in the crockpot recipes. Or just look under Breakfasts here:

http://www.a-crock-cook.com/slow-cooker-recipe.html

Now, back to raisin bread....I have this yummy recipe
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I think I have a great idea! by farnfam (Yes, I have two brea...)
And I so don't like raisins.........

But thanks for the link!
Daphne
  Re: Re: I think I have a great idea! by Gourmet_Mom (And I so don't like ...)
Daphne one word - cranberries
  Re: Re: I think I have a great idea! by DFen911 (Daphne one word - cr...)
Y'know I think they'd work!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I think I have a great idea! by farnfam (Y'know I think they'...)
Denise, you're a GENIUS! I keep forgetting these are the perfect sub for raisins in recipes! I LOVE Craisins! Off to check it out!

Cis, is this it? You didn't mention the Chocolate! I'm not sure I like dates, but she says she didn't note them when tasting it, so.....

Cinnamon Chocolate-Swirl Date Bread
  Re: Re: I think I have a great idea! by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, you're a GEN...)
Why thank you
  Re: Re: I think I have a great idea! by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, you're a GEN...)
Here's a link, I do this one in the food processor and just pulse the raisin in last. I add chopped walnuts and brown sugar to the cinnamon and spread it out on the bread before rolling it up.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cinnamon-Ra...x?prop31=3
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I think I have a great idea! by farnfam (Here's a link, I do ...)
Oh, okay....Craisins and MORE yeast added to the grocery list...which is getting long...LOL!

BTW, I don't know if you guys remember, but I ordered a triple baguette bread baking pan. I missed the delivery...I thought...last Friday, but didn't get a notice. I finally called UPS today. You would think this would be made more clear! Evidently, UPS is tagging with the US postal service these days and this is not made clear when ordering. My bread pan has been sitting at the post office since LAST FRIDAY! ARRRGGGG! I'll pick it up in the morning. LOTS of baking going on here tomorrow!
Daphne