White-Chocolate Christmas Cookie Gift Box
  Re: (...)
What a great idea!

White-Chocolate Christmas Cookie Gift Box
Yield: 6-inch box; Preparation Time: 30 minutes; Start to Finish Time: 140 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 2 14-ounce packages white-chocolate confectionery coating (see note)
Instructions:
  1. Melt confectionery coating according to package directions. (Do not overheat, and do not let melted candy come into contact with water.)
  2. Pour melted coating onto parchment paper, spreading a 1/4-inch thick layer into an 11x14-inch rectangle.
  3. Let stand at room temperature until firm to the touch, about 2 hours. Do not refrigerate.
  4. Cut four cardboard patterns: one 6-inch square, one 5-1/2-inch square, one 1-1/2x6-inch rectangle, and one 1-1/2x5-1/2-inch rectangle.
  5. Using the patterns and a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut the white chocolate into pieces: one 6-inch square, one 5-1/2-inch square, and two of each of the rectangles. Set aside.
  6. Once you have your sides, place remaining white chocolate in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Do not seal.
  7. Microwave on 50% power until candy melts, checking at 1-minute intervals.
  8. Seal plastic bag and snip a tiny hole in one corner.
  9. Lay the 5-1/2-inch square flat on your work surface.
  10. Pipe a thin line of melted candy along the outside edges.
  11. Press the two 1-1/2x5-inch rectangular pieces (long edges down) on the "north" and "south" edges of the square and hold until sides set.
  12. Pipe more melted candy onto the side edges of the just-set rectangles.
  13. Next, attach the 1-1/2x6-inch rectangles to the "east" and "west" sides of the box.
  14. Now you have a box; the remaining 6-inch square piece will be your lid.
  15. Fill in any gaps with melted candy.
  16. Let box stand until seams are firm.
  17. Fill box with cookies (or other treats); top with lid and a wired ribbon bow.
  18. Store at room temperature.
Note from original publisher:
  • In testing, we used White Candy MeltsĀ® brand confectionery coating, made by Wilton. This can be found in cake-decorating stores and in the cake-decorating department of some large crafts stores, or it can be ordered online in the Candy Shop section of www.wilton.com. You can substitute 14 two-ounce squares of candy coating for White Candy MeltsĀ®.
(Source: [i]The Old Farmer's Almanac)
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: White-Chocolate Christmas Cookie Gift Box by labradors (What a great idea![b...)
This is a wonderful idea - I am not good sometimes without a photo to go by but I think I could do this - will have to plan another baking day
  Re: Re: White-Chocolate Christmas Cookie Gift Box by (This is a wonderful ...)
Off all you pastry/bakers go - bet that would look great.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: White-Chocolate Christmas Cookie Gift Box by cjs (Off all you pastry/b...)
What a neat idea
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: White-Chocolate Christmas Cookie Gift Box by farnfam (What a neat idea [im...)
Wow, that brings back memories-- I did this while in college (heck with the finals! It's Christmas!!!) I wish I had a photo...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: White-Chocolate Christmas Cookie Gift Box by foodfiend (Wow, that brings bac...)
After purchasing my ingredients for Christmas baking today, I think I'll have to settle for Dollar General Christmas boxes this year. But I'm saving this for another time.

This is very similar to my chocolate bag for the whipped cream and Kahlua dip. The big difference is you mold the chocolate using a wax coated bag, such as you find in grocery stores at the deli for pastries. OR you can use a cabbage leaf for a mold...makes a pretty "bowl". I use regular semisweet chocolate, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: White-Chocolate Christmas Cookie Gift Box by Gourmet_Mom (After purchasing my ...)
We did a lot of those chocolate bowls in school using water baloons. The only chocolate work I could do successfully because of my high body heat. They sure were fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com