Need more recipes for holiday treats?
  Re: (...)
Good heavens, I don't, but that doesn't seem to stop me at this time of year!

Because so many other things are happening right now, I'm going to ask that, if anyone wants a review of, or recipes for, toasted coconut marshmallows and chocolate baklava, they are on my blog. But they turned out so well that I had to let you all know.

Sorry to not be posting these separately, but MIL fell and broke her arm a couple of days ago, is due for surgery on Wednesday and, since she insists on staying in her apartment, the days have been full. And not entirely of holiday preparations! *sigh* And I thought that our Christmas plans were a bit unsettled before!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? by foodfiend (Good heavens, I don'...)
Bless your heart, Vicci! Chocolate baklava? GEEZ! I really shouldn't, but I will anyway...off to check it out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? by Gourmet_Mom (Bless your heart, Vi...)
I can't remember how many years its been since I've made baklava....hmmmm, maybe instead of the oatmeal-cranberry things.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? by cjs (I can't remember how...)
We made two cans of Dulce de Leche this week. One can we mixed with 3 lbs of cream cheese, and will pipe it into small chocolate cups. (We're giving sweets to our waitstaff as a gift). The stuff is delicious. We also mixed some with ganache. We ate that out of the bowl. I think it would be great as a filling between cookies.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? by Lorraine (We made two cans of ...)
Quote:

We made two cans of Dulce de Leche this week. One can we mixed with 3 lbs of cream cheese, and will pipe it into small chocolate cups. (We're giving sweets to our waitstaff as a gift). The stuff is delicious. We also mixed some with ganache. We ate that out of the bowl. I think it would be great as a filling between cookies.

Or eaten out of a bowl with a big, ol' spoon...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
mixing it with cream cheese - I think I did that a number of years ago when we were all first learning to do the dulce de leche....I think I loved it.

ohhh, mixed with ganache and a little espresso - well, heck, no Christmas party catering this season, so probably won't do this this year. Well, maybe.....at Tracie's
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? by cjs (mixing it with cream...)
Lorraine, you're killing me here! The ganache...and expresso....GRACIOUS!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? by Gourmet_Mom (Lorraine, you're kil...)
I don't have any espresso, but I do have some chocolate covered coffee beans I could try grinding.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? by Lorraine (I don't have any esp...)
Just talked to Tracie - she must have been under a rock when we were all going crazy over this a few years ago. So, we will be doing it during Christmas visit.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? by cjs (Just talked to Traci...)
Baby girl is out shopping. I think I'll call her and have her get me some chocolate covered coffee beans...I have a sudden craving! The thing is, she's subject to eat them all before she gets home...OIY!
Daphne