What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/13?
  Re: (...)
Daphne got me hungry for salmon with her thread the other day, so will have salmon and some kind of rice dish. need something light after all the cookie dough I ate yesterday!!

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/13? by cjs (Daphne got me hungry...)
Hold on to your hats - we are having tofu soba noodle soup again - Mister has looked up a ton of recipes trying to replicate what he used to eat when he was over in that part of the world. He has made some adjustments to the first recipe that we found. We always make something the first time right by the recipe then go from there. We put it together last night and it is pretty tasty. BTW, included in the soup is the MEAT from two very thin pork chops very thinly sliced. I knew meat would make its way into this soup!! Actually, he just had some for breakfast. Salmon sounds good to me.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/13? by (Hold on to your hats...)
I had planned to bake yesterday, but just couldn't get motivated. Now I think I'll wait for Baby Girl to come home and do it together. I have a lot of other stuff to do and decorating. I have got to get my mood changed...just no Christmas Spirit this year.

ANYWAY, we're having burgers and fries tonight so I can get my other stuff done.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/13? by Gourmet_Mom (I had planned to bak...)
Going with salmon here too. With baked potato and a salad. It's football day for me, so I need quick and easy. Not to mention using stuff on hand since there was freezing rain and sleet this morning and I didn't want to venture out in the car.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/13? by chef_Tab (Going with salmon he...)
Quote:

Going with salmon here too.

A man is out fishing in the sea, he gets a bite and reels in a fine looking salmon.

No sooner has he pulled the hook from its mouth when the fish pipes up "Don't eat me, please don't eat me!"

The guy is astounded, "What on Earth? A talking fish!" but finally says, "Give me one good reason why I should throw you back?"

"Have a heart sir, my names Rusty, I am barely mature, my whole life is ahead of me, if you throw me back, I promise, if you catch me again you can keep me"

The guy has clearly been sitting in the sun too long, not realising the money making potential to be made from a talking fish and agrees to throw him back.

Time goes along a little while and a couple of years later the fisherman is in the same neck of the woods and is astounded to pull in the same fish from the water.

"Alright Rusty! How are you doing mate? What you been up to?"

"Not too bad, been about a bit, swam here, swam there, been around the wreck of the Titanic, even wrote a bestselling book of poetry about it."

"A bestselling book? Go on, what was it?"

"You mean you haven't heard of The Titanic Verses by Salmon Rusty?"
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/13? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
that's too cute, Labs.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/13? by (that's too cute, Lab...)
Now how am I supposed to eat salmon again? Sheesh Rob!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/13? by chef_Tab (Going with salmon he...)
We had ham / lima bean soup and biscuits. We taste tested our Dulce de Leche Mousse for dessert.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/13? by Lorraine (We had ham / lima be...)
"We taste tested our Dulce de Leche Mousse for dessert." - rough job, but..... how was it??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/13? by cjs ("We taste tested our...)
The taste is great. Now we are trying to figure out what to do with it all.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.